POST YOUR BEST TURKEY PHOTOS!

I was supposed to get 2 Burbon Reds and 2 Bronze, but what I got was 2 bronze and one broad-breasted white turkey that I cannot identify as anything but Ronald McDonald. Only 1 of the bronze survived, and he was also a Tom name Bozo. As they grew, they became agitated with one another, never getting any rest, and the more they strutted and gobbled, the more my rooster Randy Randy, the Serial Rapist Rppster (RRSRR) would feel the need to crow. I think the neighbors were tiring of it, as was I, so I let someone have Bozo for his kids, and kept Ronald. He is almost 2 years old now, and so big he can barely walk. I didn't expect him to survive last summer, but he got his relief by standing and sitting in a wading pool. I do not know how long he will live. These breeds were not designed to live beyond the point where they were to go to slaughter. He is my buddy and I love him dearly. I do not expect him to survive this next summer, between the heat and his size.

I was supposed to get 2 Burbon Reds and 2 Bronze, but what I got was 2 bronze and one broad-breasted white turkey that I cannot identify as anything but Ronald McDonald. Only 1 of the bronze survived, and he was also a Tom name Bozo. As they grew, they became agitated with one another, never getting any rest, and the more they strutted and gobbled, the more my rooster Randy Randy, the Serial Rapist Rppster (RRSRR) would feel the need to crow. I think the neighbors were tiring of it, as was I, so I let someone have Bozo for his kids, and kept Ronald. He is almost 2 years old now, and so big he can barely walk. I didn't expect him to survive last summer, but he got his relief by standing and sitting in a wading pool. I do not know how long he will live. These breeds were not designed to live beyond the point where they were to go to slaughter. He is my buddy and I love him dearly. I do not expect him to survive this next summer, between the heat and his size.
WOAHHHH he is a huge boy!! he must be at least 50 lb.! I'm sorry that you didn't get the turkey breed of your liking : ( I had gotten 2 bourbon Red poults, and 3 royal palm poults, but 2 palms died as babies : ( I hope Ronald lives much longer than expected.

A few of my favorite pictures of my turkeys. All are royal palm/bourbon red crosses.. I am amazed at the wide variety of colors created with this cross. I recently killed all but 2 toms, keeping a bronze one and a royal palm colored one for breeding. The toms I butchered were big, meaty, and delicious. I love turkeys, they're equal parts beautiful, lovable, and useful.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom