post your chicken coop pictures here!

Some of ya'lls coops are nicer than my house. I literally scrapped together all the wood I had on hand from old projects and used old screens from my parents' old house because the chicken wire didn't want to cooperate with me. Needless to say, my coop is like the trailer park of chicken coops, but at least it's roomy and they're ok with it.
I have share this pic before. What you can't see is I have a remote control door and multiple cameras. Love the door, especially in winter!
wow that's awesome

My mom and built this together. :) 6x10x6. Secured on the sides, top, and bottom. Tarp for the weather. We live in Northern California and it's usually quite warm, so we also have misters and tons of tree shade. They have a smaller sized coop for protection and roosting. We also have two pups that keep the yard protected. :) My first set of chickens, first attempt at making a safe and secure run/coop. :) I don't think it's a bad set up for a set of city chickens in Folsom.

Two days ago we were sitting at 90F. Today we're barely getting into the 70's.

But, we're in the longest drought that we've had in a while here in humid(?) south Alabama. Matter of fact, with the current forecast we will have been without rain for well over a month...the first time that has happend in...a year?...two years?....10 years? It seems that 'bama is on cycle for 10 year droughts, more or less. I know that west side of the country has been under the gun for several years, but the rainfall there is normally much less than it is in the southeast part of the country. Lots of vegetation browning heavily down here. But, as a friend often says...it is what it is. :) Wish the best for everyone!!!

And TJ...the forecast looks great, there shouldn't be any issues with it other than being a bit dusty. ;)

Ed

No rain in 'bama for well over a month? Wow! We haven't seen so much as a sprinkle in 6 months! Our front and back yards have been barren of vegetation since October Halloween LAST YEAR! I have to chop up produce and sprout seeds to give the chickens greenery every day and they forage the plant containers for bugs. At least they have plenty of dirt for dust-baths LOL!

I hope you have plans for a larger coop soon. Chicks grow big really FASTER than you can imagine and need a bare minimum of 4 sq ft of run space per each chicken. Enjoy your chicks because in a couple weeks you can't imagine how much they'll grow up!

My mom and built this together.
smile.png
6x10x6. Secured on the sides, top, and bottom. Tarp for the weather. We live in Northern California and it's usually quite warm, so we also have misters and tons of tree shade. They have a smaller sized coop for protection and roosting. We also have two pups that keep the yard protected.
smile.png
My first set of chickens, first attempt at making a safe and secure run/coop.
smile.png
I don't think it's a bad set up for a set of city chickens in Folsom.

Very nice of Mom to help with the build!

TJ.... you sure? I think it's football season, and isn't the world series right around the corner? Not to mention basketball and hockey firing up. OH, I forgot, hunting season is getting rolling too! Work around the yard will he? Hmmmm yeah...
fl.gif
definitely need some of those crossed fingers! Hope he gets some work accomplished!
wink.png
HUSH!!!! I know
1f602.png
he's taking the week off of his day job (still works nights until 8) just to get the yard done. This will include repaired from when some jerk tried to bust down the back door. If coops not up and running by Friday I'll just do it myself. Forget this big baby. I'll call my friend and she and I will build it like I want. I'm tired of not having room for my birds.

No rain in 'bama for well over a month? Wow! We haven't seen so much as a sprinkle in 6 months! Our front and back yards have been barren of vegetation since October Halloween LAST YEAR! I have to chop up produce and sprout seeds to give the chickens greenery every day and they forage the plant containers for bugs. At least they have plenty of dirt for dust-baths LOL!

Might be because you chose to live in a desert
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom