post your chicken coop pictures here!

Almost done with our chicken tractor.

So nice and good cross ventilation also. I had seen someone use a shell for a coop but this is nice as a tractor too. Very secure bolts and attractively arranged - you must've measured the spaces evenly to make the bolts look that good!

My husband and I are Texas A&M Aggies, therefore the only acceptable colors are maroon and white and the only appropriate name is "The Whoop Coop". The girls just moved in 5 days ago so I have a few little decorative things I want to do and plan to add a few outdoor roosting bars. But the girls all like it. We have enough room to accommodate 15 hens have the option of expanding the coop to add an additional 3 nesting boxes on the other side. I'm also adding a "salad bar" and a swing. And I think I will give it a picket fence just because.

My husband and I are Texas A&M Aggies, therefore the only acceptable colors are maroon and white and the only appropriate name is "The Whoop Coop". The girls just moved in 5 days ago so I have a few little decorative things I want to do and plan to add a few outdoor roosting bars. But the girls all like it. We have enough room to accommodate 15 hens have the option of expanding the coop to add an additional 3 nesting boxes on the other side. I'm also adding a "salad bar" and a swing. And I think I will give it a picket fence just because.

Very nice looking coop and run! I'm sure you'll have a blast with ongoing/continuing decoration
celebrate.gif

Thank you! My husband thinks I'm crazy. He grew up on a farm and the chickens were not coddled by any means. But!! He keeps doing all that I ask him to do so it's working for me. ;) We live within city limits so we cannot free range them so we had to do a fully enclosed run and Hubsy is very tall so it had to be tall.

our 4 girls are happy ! We changed a few things at last minute. Like bottom of a frame, we opened it up in order to be able to reach the eggs. I'm short:) Built on a slight slant to clean easier. Also opened up door a bit more. Gave girls a few more feet. Hung a few hooks for cabbage or birds seed blocks. A few mirrors and chicken soccer balls:) filled with treats. Finishing touches will be a portable sand box. We are also growing some herbs to dry and put in nesting boxes. Keep the bugs away and help it smell better, Just some ideas. If anyone has any for me please tell:) I was thinking a bird pool as it gets really HOT here!! We do allow our girls to free range as well. We spent less then 200$. Works for us:)

Last edited:
Let us know how the swing goes over. As my husband sounds like yours:) thinks I'm overboard but keeps going.. Love your coop!

our 4 girls are happy ! We changed a few things at last minute. Like bottom of a frame, we opened it up in order to be able to reach the eggs. I'm short:) Built on a slight slant to clean easier. Also opened up door a bit more. Gave girls a few more feet. Hung a few hooks for cabbage or birds seed blocks. A few mirrors and chicken soccer balls:) filled with treats. Finishing touches will be a portable sand box. We are also growing some herbs to dry and put in nesting boxes. Keep the bugs away and help it smell better, Just some ideas. If anyone has any for me please tell:) I was thinking a bird pool as it gets really HOT here!! We do allow our girls to free range as well. We spent less then 200$. Works for us:)

This is the largest A-frame coop I have ever seen! Congrats to you for giving the girls space. They will love the toys and the free-ranging especially. Good price!

If they can't free-range the toys will be a great diversion and entertainment for them. Nice job.

This is the largest A-frame coop I have ever seen! Congrats to you for giving the girls space. They will love the toys and the free-ranging especially. Good price!
Thank you! We are going to trim it down with pine or red wood. Not quite sure yet. I love looking at other peoples ideas. I wanted more girls but decided they would be happier with a big home. Thanks again! My husband just goes with the flow :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom