post your chicken coop pictures here!

Here are a few pics of the coop that we started in the spring. Size is 10'x24' We are hopeful that we will be able to complete it this spring, but for now it is a work in progress. Plans are to run underground power and water to it once the weather is nicer. It has two rooms. The entry room is a feed storage area and will eventually have a sink and will have our temporary brooder in it this spring. Walls and ceiling are insulated and the flooring is the plastic wood deck boards.

You can barely see our automated chicken door on the left. This opens into a 25'x50' run. On hind sight, we should have used 5 foot instead of 4 foot fencing though.

The automatic chicken door on the timer works great.

This is the south side of the coop. Upper windows provide great natural light and ventilation

This is the coop side. We used an insulated garage door to make it easy to clean out the coop.

good grief! how many chicken do you keep? how much did that cost?

Thanks, Sue...appreciate it!
thumbsup.gif

I need some ideas on how to design my chicken coop so can you post your coop pictures? if you do I
bow.gif
to you!

this is my coop it was an old rv we redid the inside, now have 18 nest boxes 2 roosts and we have 21 hens and 1 roos in here, we are looking for a 2nd rv for the new peeps, we have 14 sex licks and 4 rirs plus one odd one with fur on its legs,they are 10wks then we have 6 2wk peeps we hitched ourself 2 are rir 2 sexlicks and 1 delawaren plus 1 we are not sure of,

This is my coop just finished today I put my chicks in it today but they never went out it or up and down the ramp what do I do is my ramp to high or anything or will they just do it on there own

This is my coop just finished today I put my chicks in it today but they never went out it or up and down the ramp what do I do is my ramp to high or anything or will they just do it on there own
I do think it is a little steep...and it looks like you do have room to at least put a landscaping tile or two under the end to reduce the steep grade. Then later they might get used to it enough and more sure footed enough to handle the ramp as it is.
smile.png

You will probably have to physically pit them in the coop tonight. In the morning, just open the door and watch. They are unsure of the ramp right now. You have to let them discover it for themselves. Put feed and water in the run only, not in the coop during the day. They will eventually come down the ramp, once they do, they will know it is safe. Hope that answered your question!! By the way, Welcome From Cut-N-Shoot, TX!!!!

Back
Top Bottom