post your chicken coop pictures here!

If anyone feels bad about their coop, here is a pic of my first coop which housed my bantams for 4 years. The run was 8x20 on concrete behind the back wall and all 2 inch chicken wire sides and top. No predators got in and the run wire wasnt even burried or attached at the bottom. I threw blocks on the edges to hold ot down and keep the chickens from getting out.

Then i joined this forum and made some improvements. I listened to advice, picked out what i needed, and made changes to suit my budget. Granted, priorities got adjusted to allow the project to complete but its done now. Do i like it better? Uhhhh, yeah. Was it worth it? Could have got by with way less i suppose :) Point is, dont take comments personally, members are just trying to help :)

Here is how it turned out :) The additional expense was calculated and approved since it is a permanent, structural extension to my barn with future potential as a finished 9x48 addition to the pole structure. Not everyone can afford this (I couldnt really either) but whatever you have can be enjoyed just as much. Be happy, enjoy your chickens.

Last edited:

If anyone feels bad about their coop, here is a pic of my first coop which housed my bantams for 4 years. The run was 8x20 on concrete behind the back wall and all 2 inch chicken wire sides and top. No predators got in and the run wire wasnt even burried or attached at the bottom. I threw blocks on the edges to hold ot down and keep the chickens from getting out.

Then i joined this forum and made some improvements. I listened to advice, picked out what i needed, and made changes to suit my budget. Granted, priorities got adjusted to allow the project to complete but its done now. Do i like it better? Uhhhh, yeah. Was it worth it? Could have got by with way less i suppose :) Point is, dont take comments personally, members are just trying to help :)

Here is how it turned out :) The additional expense was calculated and approved since it is a permanent, structural extension to my barn with future potential as a finished 9x48 addition to the pole structure. Not everyone can afford this (I couldnt really either) but whatever you have can be enjoyed just as much. Be happy, enjoy your chickens.

Yep, we do what works for our property size, our flock size, and follow zoning ordinances to best of our ability. Safety first for chicken housing and think about beauty later.

OUR EARLY CHICKEN DAYS - NOTHING BEAUTIFUL BUT WE WANTED THE CHICKENS TO HAVE HIDING PLACES UNDER OUTDOOR FURNITURE, UNDER/AROUND PLANTS, CANOPIES, MAKESHIFT PLYWOOD LEAN-TO'S ON BLOCKS, DOG HOUSES, OLD WHEELBARROW, STICKERY ROSEBUSHES, EVEN TRASH CANS MADE HIDING PLACES AND NEVER LOST A CHICKEN TO HAWKS IN 5 YRS SO FAR. WE ARE FORTUNATE TO HAVE GOOD NEIGHBORS THAT DIDN'T COMPLAIN WHILE WE HAD THIS OLD MESS AND CHAINLINK!!!!:

(THE YARD WAS SO BARE AND UNEVEN 5 YRS AGO WE HAD TO ADD STUFF FOR THE CHICKENS TO BE SAFE FROM AERIAL ATTACKS)

(SOME IMPROVEMENTS MADE BY LEVELING YARD, BLOCK WALL REPLACING CHAINLINK, 2 ROOFED PATIOS, NEW BARN COOP AND STILL THERE'S MORE WORK TO DO!!! WARNING - DON'T GET CHICKENS OR MODIFICATIONS WILL NEVER END~LOL)

In the dictionary there is a word that provides the answer to the "never ends" problem. I think it is spelled DISCIPLINE. Its not a magic word, anyone can employ it :))))

Back
Top Bottom