Post Your Chicken's Names Here!!!

Pics
This is the best thread to get name ideas from!

My Current flock-
Barred Rocks-
Loretta- incredibly smart, and food motivated, so she is like clay to my clicker-training sculpting.
Bridget- stately head hen, but tolerant of being hugged on occasion.
Cora- a bratty chunk of sassy hen- and usually the cause of any pecking injuries.

Buff Bantam Brahmas
Kogane- my 'special hen'- she has something up with her eyes, but she is the friendliest of the bunch!
Kana- Not afraid to launch herself onto heads.
Sakura- pretty sweet, but more stand-offish than her sisters.

Sultan
Diana- Lovely loner in the coop- she likes to pick on the Brahmas, but gets picked on by the BR

Guess maybe we should name more of our girls. Currently we have 6 adult hens consisting of 1 Barred Rock named Light Bulb(when she was a chick she had white feathers on her head that was light bulb shaped), 1 Cinnamon Queen named Frenchy (she looks like french toast), 2 Easter Eggers one is named Stormy the other has no name, 2 Welsummers one named Dingaling the other has no name.

Currently have 6 week old chicks in the brooder no names yet. 2 Cream Legbars, 2 Red Star and 2 Black Star.

Cheers,
Randy

Current flock:
Dixon and Georgia - my roosters, named because I wanted the boys to have Southern-themed names
Ruthie - as requested by my grandmother, after one of her friends
Alaska - in reference to the character from my favorite book, Looking for Alaska
Mykerion - named by my friend, who hatched this one and wanted to give her a funny name (it's pronounced my-keer-ee-on,btw)
Gracie - I rescued her from a bad situation, and she brought the phrase "saving grace" to mind

Past chickens:
Darcy - I just liked the name
Penguin - he/she was a tiny black chick with little white markings, resembled a penguin
Raven - she was a black Rosecomb who looked like a little raven
Clarice and Harold - also named by my friend mentioned above, for the same reasons

I have a trio of Blue OEGB's roo named Caesar and his girls Cleo and Pompeia or Pomp

I have a pair of snowy calls named Jack and Diane
A pair of Khaki calls called Ricky and Lucy

Thinking of names for my breeding pairs of Langshans, any suggestions. I will be breeding so I want breeder type names that will be easier than like the names of a typical pet. Thought of Nova and Buck, any others?

I have Sunni (Speckled Sussex), Scrambles (Easter Egger) and Sanders (Blue Cochin)
Scrambles is a nut bag! She jumps on everyone an is all over everything all the time.
Sunni is a lover and loves to have snuggles and pets
Sanders (AKA Sandy) is excited about everything, she gallops like a horse when she is happy it's so cute!
(Dori is the chihuahua in the picture)

Bigby Nelson, Nellie Nelson, Granny rock, buffy rock, Kit

Bigboy 'bigby' is a Nelson RIR Young rooster (just hit puberty and is hounding the girls)
Nellie is my only Nelson pullet close to POL
Kit is my only Kittle RIR just ready to lay again after a winter molt!!
Buffy is white rock that is a product of RIR activity
Granny 'Grams' is a good white rock over 5 years and still laying almost every day!

Wasn't going to name but will be doing hatching/breeding so needed a reference for the parent poultry breeding records. So will know which are Nelson RIR and which are Kittles with a Nelson Sire. The Rocks will be the laying flock for food and eggs to friends.

Back
Top Bottom