Post your ducks for fun!

Pics

Abbyroadrescuetx

Chirping
Apr 23, 2023
No serious questions on this one. I'm so thrilled and just crazy about my ducks. 20 mi east of Dallas and I want to get another duck to add to my little flock. My Drake Victor loves me to death. He will jump out of the water tank and come to the gate when he sees me coming. He follows me around the house. I actually put my hand down now and he'll get on it like a hawk or a parrot lol. I love it. I have a love affair going with my drake. But the last couple days my hen Sassy has decided that she's going to get in on the action and she's starting to act like she trusts me again. She did before but she changed as she grew up I guess. Anyway the picture I'm posting is of the two of them after I called Victor repeatedly. I bring them in at night. I cover my bed with a quilt because spending $70 on duck diapers is beyond my means because I run a dog rescue also. You wouldn't know it but there are four dogs on this bed, and my bill babies got on the bed and decided to sleep where they are sleeping in this picture. And it fills my heart with joy even though that sounds totally corny because they trust me enough to get up here and sleep at the end of the bed. I keep my eyes on them to watch how often they open their eyes and it gets less and less all the time. They know I will keep them safe, so post pictures on this thread of your ducks just because they love you. It makes me so happy to know my trust me. I'm such a duck freak. please share pics of your ducks!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20230619_212550_227.jpg
    IMG_20230619_212550_227.jpg
    360.7 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
No serious questions on this one. I'm so thrilled and just crazy about my ducks. 20 mi east of Dallas and I want to get another duck to add to my little flock. My Drake Victor loves me to death. He will jump out of the water tank and come to the gate when he sees me coming. He follows me around the house. I've actually put my hand down now and he'll get on it like a hawk or a parrot lol. I love it. I have a love affair going with my drake. But the last couple days my hen Sassy has decided that she's going to get in on the action and she's starting to act like she trusts me again. She did before but she changed as she grew up I guess. Anyway the picture I'm posting is of the two of them after I called Victor repeatedly. I bring them in at night. I cover my bed with a quilt because spending $70 on duck diapers is beyond my means because I run a dog rescue also. You wouldn't know it but there are four dogs on this bed, and my bill babies got on the bed and decided to sleep where they are sleeping in this picture. And it fills my heart with joy even though that sounds totally corny because they trust me enough to get up here and sleep at the end of the bed. I keep my eyes on them to watch how often they open their eyes and it gets less and less all the time. They know I will keep them safe, so post pictures on this thread of your ducks just because they love you. It makes me so happy to know my depth me. I'm such a duck freak.
So glad you are happy with your ducks. They seem to be closely bonded with you.

Do you know you can make a home-made duck diaper from a shower cap with absorbant tissue inside? I will try and find information for you

Last edited:
Such a sweet story and pictures.

When my Muscovy drake was a wee tot 12yrs ago I put down thick towels on the bed and he would get in and snuggle with my husband and me. That was such a sweet time.
new babies: Joy the mama she is Muscovy and 2 little Runner ducklings she hatched last Wednesday
IMG_2115.jpeg

Im fairly new to ducks, and got these two dictators in March! They always welcome me with bobs of their head. And quacks telling me what they want. Usally their pool filled or treats!
They both earned their names!
First is Toxic-well the symbol on her head as a baby definitely explains that but she definitely knows how to start making all the chickens noisy to!
Then Tsunami! She loves to go in the water and torpedo under. Making a huge splash of water everywhere. She has done this since the first time i let her in water!
20230322_082255(0).jpg
20230605_144409.jpg
20230605_144403.jpg

Back
Top Bottom