Post Your First Egg of 2016!!!

sad.png

Still no eggs from my girls here in PA.

Fun is rapidly wearing off here... want me to send you a few?

I have seen my purples mating numerous times and some of the others I've seen go at least once, so it can't be that much longer, but I've been saying that for 2 weeks now.

Same over here in Idaho. I've seen my White male breed my Spalding hen twice, my White hens once each, and the Black Shoulder have no idea, and same with my IBs. It's been 2 weeks since I saw the Spalding get bred. I think I saw a nest in the run of my IB, deep but small hole, not like a dust bath, it's on the edge of the grass, and up against the wall. Other than that I haven't seen any other signs of laying. It's been 82-88 degrees for a month now.

Same over here in Idaho. I've seen my White male breed my Spalding hen twice, my White hens once each, and the Black Shoulder have no idea, and same with my IBs. It's been 2 weeks since I saw the Spalding get bred. I think I saw a nest in the run of my IB, deep but small hole, not like a dust bath, it's on the edge of the grass, and up against the wall. Other than that I haven't seen any other signs of laying. It's been 82-88 degrees for a month now.

Bertoli, my egg bound hen from last spring has assumed the stance, however she can do this several evenings before actually laying the egg, I just hope she does it without my help this year.

This is my peahen's first time laying. She has three eggs, but is still laying more. I am concerned though because she is not really laying on them

I have seen my purples mating numerous times and some of the others I've seen go at least once, so it can't be that much longer, but I've been saying that for 2 weeks now.

I thought that Pied Piper had been taking care of business, but so far they are just foolin' around. Some of my pens are doing pretty well, not really in full swing yet waiting for two of my best pens to even start.

I have been setting every week, this is this weeks set.

I just got my first egg of the season! One problem is I don't know if it belongs to my Spalding or White peahen. I saw both showing signs of laying an egg but only one egg.

Back
Top Bottom