Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally!!!! 20 week old red sex links...and two, for that matter...don't know which two. But it's strange, the eggs look very different. If they are the same type, why would they be different? Maybe just because as someone has said before "they are a cross breed chicken, not a breed"? So they are all a bit different to begin with?

33916_first_eggs_2.jpg

33916_first_eggs.jpg

Woohoo! Our first egg! Brought home the chicks May 2, found first egg Sept. 15th. Complete newby to farm and chickens! This picture is of a cherry tomato, the first egg and then the second egg! Very excited!!!!
big_smile.png

Becky in MN

31583_first_two_eggs.jpg

Our first eggs, laid on 9/16!!
wee.gif

I think the two in the middle are from my silver laced wyandottes. I have no idea who laid the torpedo egg, but it was a double-yolker! The white egg is a store-bought one, just for size comparison.
big_smile.png

28233_firsteggs.jpg

Yahoo!

The kids watched our RIR separate from the flock to visit the nest boxes today at 1:30. A short time later...success!

Stats: Rhode Island Red - 23 weeks.

26319_dsc02243.jpg

We are thrilled with our new hen!

Don't forget to vote on the new coop contest.

Last edited:
38296_goldieegg.jpg

First egg! Laid by our Golden Sex Link, at about 18 weeks old. I was standing next to the coop when she laid it, and heard the thunk of the egg hitting the bottom of the nest. So amazing!

Cost of chickens $15.00
Cost of coop $700.00
Cost of run $200.00
Cost of feed $75.00

Cost of first egg today....

PRICELESS!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Quote:
I find that interesting as well and would love to hear someone's input. I would think if the cross is the same in your flock of hens that they all would lay same colored eggs. although my easter eggers vary in shade once in a great while but not drastically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom