Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today was the first day of egg laying. I think it was Josephine, my Rhode Island Red. Will post a photo tomorrow. It was so cool to go to the coop and check the nest for eggs and there it was. It is so cute.

Update: Yes. There was another egg this morning. They are tiny and so cute. Here they are FINALLY!

Update: Yes. It was Josephine the RIR. She will be 19 Weeks on Monday.

Last edited:
mine was yesterday - but i found it today! she laid another today! the one today broke though
sad.png
but it is bigger than the first! she is a bantam so they are small!

fajita
FAJITAMYLAYER.jpg

the egg i found this morning which she laid yesterday...
VERYFIRSTEGGFROMMYVERYFIRSTCHICKEN.jpg

the broken egg she laid today
brokenegg.jpg

the difference between the two
size.jpg

and the difference of her eggs and the eggs from the store
difference.jpg

P8180022.jpg

Not sure which chickie, but I think it was Natasha

P8180021.jpg

The eggs we collected in about 2 weeks. For some reason, I didn't get any today.
hmm.png
But I've been getting 1-2 each day from my 5 hens.

My first egg, must be from one of my white or brown leghorns are they are the only white egg layers I have. Surprised it was from them first. I also have(2) RIR's,(4) Barred rocks,(3) Black australorps(1) Buff orpington. But the leghorns won out. Here is my little beautiful(atleast in my opinion) white first egg next to a store bought egg. This is so much fun.

acadiafirstegg010.jpg

8/29/07 my first egg and it was from my fav b.r. Lucy! She will twenty weeks old tomorrow!!
I was so excited I forgot to post the pic. It is beside a grown red star hen's egg.
firstegg.jpg

Last edited:
awwwww! Here is my first egg. I am so proud! It was laid Friday and we got another Sunday, Monday and today. I think it is from just one of my Buff Orpingtons. I have 8 hens and one roo, but I think its from the same hen. They were 20 weeks Monday, so she was just shy of that. I started them on layer feed last week... apparently just in time. Her eggs have been just perfect shapped and color and very clean. The first 2 had a little blood on the side but the last 2 were perfectly clean. I made corn bread with them tonight
smile.png

DSC03803.jpg

DSC03802.jpg

Last edited:
Yesterday, I heard one of my Buff hens cackling.... loud and proud!! I eagerly went to the hen house and checked it over..... nothing!!:mad:

This evening, I again heard one of my Buff hens cackling. Again, it was quite loud and proud! I glanced toward the hen house and shouted, "Liar, liar, pants on fire. You won't fool me again this evening!!" But, curiosity got the best of me, and I went to check the situation out.

Long story short, she didn't lie this time..... she laid!!!!
big_smile.png
(Sorry, I just couldn't resist!!
lol.png
)

It's my first Buff egg. It's about 2 5/8 inches long and about 1 5/8 inches wide. I think it might be a double yoker!! Here'a a pic of the egg along with a couple of quarters and a nickle for guaging size. Does this mean that it's a $.55 egg????
wink.png

egg.jpg

By the way, congratulations to all of the other Mamas and Papas who have anxiously awaited the arrival of their first cackleball.... and have finally been rewarded!! To all others, be patient..... it WILL happen!!
cool.png

Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom