Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first dozen eggs from my RIR's, it took awhile because they are so delicious!

67555_eggs_002.jpg

AT LAST!!
lol.png
celebrate.gif
I got my camera working! The blue ones are from My Bantam Americauna, Courtney. She started laying last Friday. The 2 white ones are from my Silver-Spangled Hamburg bantam, Sparkles - head hen - she has been on sabbatical for a while. Her eggs are almost translucent white! The 5 faintly tinted beige ones are from my Salmon and Blue Salmon Faverolles, Sal N Ella - they have slowed down in the heat, too. The freckled and un-freckled brown ones are from Ginger, the B-Welsummer. She has given me an egg nearly every day since starting to lay in Mid-August. I included a store-bought XXL for size comparison. Minnie, the B-Dk. Brown Leghorn lays beautiful white eggs, but is still busy being 'Mama' to her Maylay chick [2 mo], Pearl. Fancy- [feet], the white silkie is only 3 months old. The first picture didn't do justice to the colors, so I took them out side for pic #2. # 3 -- My girls L to R, Ginger, Sparkles, Minnie, Pearl, Courtney,Sal, Fancy, Silkie roo & Ella.
thumbsup.gif

43761_eggs-06.jpg

43761_eggs-01.jpg

43761_eholympus-jan2sept2010_082.jpg

Last edited:
My Buff Orpington laid her first egg today! She hatched last December and I was beginning to think she was never going to lay an egg, but here's her first masterpiece!

43379_first_buff_orpington_egg-9_mos_old-9-11-10.jpg

Quote:
Tell me about it! It was a very expensive masterpiece. I have two others from the same hatch that should start soon too!
hu.gif
fl.gif

MY impossible wait is OVA!!
Ta-Da!!
64691_100_1879.jpg

Found it today at 4:30, just 5 minutes after I heard the egg song. It was still warm, in the nest that I never thought they even LOOKED AT! If someone was around, they would've thought I was crazy..I was so excited!
ya.gif
woot.gif
:weee
D.gif
wee.gif
woot.gif
ya.gif

I don't know who laid it, my girls (16 of 'em) are all 23 weeks and 3 days old

Laid by my beautiful 26 week old Sex-links! All they all laid their first egg on the same day!
big_smile.png

HenUpdateSept72010First050.jpg

The egg in the middle is a larde sized egg. The rest are first time layer eggs!
big_smile.png

HenUpdateSept72010First061.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom