Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay we went out to find or very first egg!!!
94693_093.jpg

!!! isn't it cute?

94660_dscf3673.jpg

I got 2 silkie hens from a local. I found the dark one sitting on eggs. I'm shocked to see 8 of them! I read on a post about how long and at what temps its safe to still eat them but I have no idea where that post is now and I need to reread. So do chickens ever lay more than one egg a day? or has she been laying for more than a week now and I have just been blind? Are they still safe to eat?
I feel bad for her. Guess I better get used to it because this is why I got in the chicken business in the first place.

Last edited:
Georgia gave us our first egg ever! She was 2 days shy od 20 weeks! You go girl! it was the most perfect thing ever! Georgia is the one on the left!
86540_july2011_209.jpg
86540_july2011_205.jpg

86540_july2011_208.jpg

Georgias egg is easy to identify, the small one in the bottom right corner. The others are from my uncles chickens.

Our first egg ever! We got 3 RIRs on Wednesday (20 weekers) and the farmer said he was getting eggs but wasn't sure who was laying them so we had no idea if we got one that was laying or not. Well yay we did!

2011-07-22081831.jpg

My kids think this is the coolest thing ever
smile.png

First eggs... The larger one was found in a nesting box (unknown hen) and the smaller came from my turken, Eggna this afternoon.
97046_100_3299.jpg

This is what greeted me this morning when I peeked in the nest boxes-
70739_firsteggresize.jpg

I don't know who is laying, I have 1 delaware & 3 RIR X Delawares - they are 18 weeks, 4 days old today. The photo is deceptive - the egg is a light brown color. And, it weighs all of 29 grams...
70739_firsteggruler.jpg

Now, a trip to the feedstore to get some oyster shell (can't put them on laying pellets yet, since they run with some 12 week olds).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom