Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by DuckLady, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Mrs. Eggna Beaker

Mrs. Eggna Beaker In the Brooder

Jun 21, 2011
    Quote:You will want to go to uploads on the blue tool bar and browse for you photo and then copy and paste the link that is produced. GOOD LUCK!

2. WhySayWhat

WhySayWhat Songster

Nov 5, 2010
    Spokane
    I feel like a bad mom....but, when I went to lock the girls up for the night I found 2 eggs! One was fairly freshly broken open and both were cold. The unbroken one was buried in the sawdust!

[​IMG]

I did rinse off the unbroken egg and weighed it (1.3 ounces) before putting it in the fridge. I think it's safe to eat still...

3. the westspartan

the westspartan In the Brooder

Mar 31, 2011
    We got our first egg yesterday! It was laid by Darla our little white leghorn.

[​IMG]

here is the bad news.

[​IMG]

It wasn't broken too badly, we still ate it, and it tasted great!

4. Andeye

Andeye In the Brooder

Mar 25, 2011
    Zeeland, Mi
    YAY!! First egg! Double yolker and it tasted AWESOME [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. roxdean

roxdean Hatching

May 13, 2011
    [​IMG]

6. ddmiddle7

ddmiddle7 Songster

Mar 8, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    I got my first egg from my little girls today...
    [​IMG]
    It's the bottom egg in this pic, it was tiny compared to the other ones. The top one is from my 9 month old BO and the the middle one is from my 9 month old PR.
    [​IMG]

It was from one of my barred rocks, Patti. Here she is:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Songster

Aug 23, 2008
    Sunny my white EE laid her first yesterday. So now 2 of the 9 are laying. It looks exactly like the picture of the first egg we got. There's been alot of interest in the nest box by several of the ladies so I figure they will all be laying in the next week or so.

8. I got my first egg today!!!!! My australorp girls are 21 weeks old today!! It weighed 1.6 ounces. My day so far had gone from bad to worse until I went and checked the nest late this afternoon. Now I am happy!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. tarragon

tarragon Chirping

Mar 3, 2011
    Bothell, WA
    I just went outside to see what all the racket in the yard was, and spotted Johnny coming down the ramp. Sure enough......
    [​IMG]

And here's the little lady herself:

[​IMG]

She's 18 weeks old today, these are our first chickens so I'm so excited![​IMG]

10. ChickenAl

ChickenAl Diagnosis...Chicken-Headed

Jun 5, 2011
    Putnam cty, NY
    Congrats. Looks like you have a golden Comet there. She looks like ours, of which only one has started to lay at 17 weeks. Should see the others go into production in a week or so.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by