Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by DuckLady, Aug 10, 2007.

1. itsme, nope. Daytona is a year and a half. She has left me some pretty big eggs in the past. I kept them all once i drained them. They are just really cool that big. I would like to hatch on of her offspring to see what they do. I have two of her normal eggs under a broody right now. Day 2!!! we will see.

2. itsmechrissy

itsmechrissy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2011
    SE Wisconsin
    Daytona is very impressive.... I wonder if the chicks would be giant as well...lol

Here's my first egg, just got it yesterday [​IMG] [​IMG]: [​IMG]

3. chick-n-momma

chick-n-momma Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2011
    Garrett County, Maryland
    First egg from either Tetra Tints or Gold Comets!! They were all born March 29, 2011. That makes them around 18 weeks. Isn't that a little early? The bigger eggs are from our year old sex links.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  4. cpwhip

cpwhip Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2011
    Maryland
    Quote:wow lucky you!

5. chick-n-momma

chick-n-momma Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2011
    Garrett County, Maryland
    Quote:wow lucky you!

was mistaken...they are 18 weeks...

6. CandiceN

CandiceN Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    NH
    I think we have a 2nd hen laying! We didn't find any eggs on Sunday, then we found 3 on Monday and 2 yesterday. My guess is that one of the 3 was actually from Sunday. The ladies were awfully noise Sunday and Monday, and have since calmed down quite a bit. I think someone was laying her first egg!!

The 2 smaller ones are the ones I think are from the 2nd hen, the bottom one (which is about the same size as a store bought) looks like the other eggs we've gotten since we found the first one on Friday. Still no squatting or egg signs from the third and fourth hens (one is still quite young - 12 weeks or so). I wait for the day when I find 4 eggs in the box!! We've already found one this morning, it's one of the larger one. I"m sure I'll be back out there every few hours checking for more [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  7. LunarRayne

LunarRayne Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2011
    SW Arkansas
    So Helen the BR laid the other day and today Betty the EE laid today. I found these 2 eggs today!!

[​IMG]

8. danielkbrantley

danielkbrantley Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    Cleveland, Tennessee
    Two days ago was a magical day indeed. One of my 7 has started laying an egg a day (I'm guessing there's only one of them laying, since there's one egg a day), and here is her first. If only this picture could do my happiness justice.[​IMG] Welll...the pic isn't working, but it's a beaut!

9. kaybats

kaybats Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    [​IMG]

I am just tickled EVERY shade of pink!!!!!!!

10. andi6313

andi6313 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 2, 2011
    Georgia
    Our 16 week old RIR hens... We were not expecting until another 4 weeks!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by