Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nitrostreak
Patience.. I was envious also looking at what all these younger ladies had produced. My girls turned 5 mos. on Sunday and surprised me with my first green EE egg on Monday. Today was #2, same color, so I am assuming it was the same hen.

Walkinghorse
I am jealous now

WOW!!! 19 week old EE. She has probably set some sort of record.
bow.gif

98328_1st_egg.jpg

My FIRST egg today!!!
It wasn't from the older Rhode Island Reds; wasn't from the older Cucoo Marans; wasn't from the Easter Eggers, but from one of my youngest, the ones I hatched m'self, in June! Whichever Girl laid it, she didn't use the nesting boxes, didn't use the coop, didnt even may a comfy place to nest in the many areas of the yard...instead popped it out right on the grass.

Funny thing is, that this seems to have inspired a collective gathering of chicken hormones in considering the same thing. Suddenly the upper deck of the coop was premium Reale Estate, with the hens bumping into each other in thinking hen thoughts. And the rest seemed...peaceful, sort of like chicken sponges, overfilled with water and poofing over the ground.

As for the "Egg Song", well, it's a good thing they seem to be built for laying beautiful eggs, because they are tone deaf. Sounds more like a cat getting their tail stepped on for the second time.
But it sure is a B E A U T I F U L egg, from one of my Olive Layers. And...I've heard the first eggs are usually small, but this one I've put next to a jumbo sized egg. Not bad at all!

Last edited:
What a neat thread! One I find my camera I will post a picture of my first 3 eggs, I got one yesterday, and two today! A little Thanksgiving, and Thanksgiving Eve, gift I guess!

Thank you Feather_wrangler! I was pacing outside the coop like an expectant parent yesterday once I figured out what was going on.
tongue.png
A record? I'm new to this. Make sure I did my math ok. lol I got my girls (and two boys) from McMurray. They arrived the Tuesday July 5th. Maybe my math is off?
lau.gif

Hi, I'm in Huntsville, Tx. Walker County. My white leghorns started laying at 19 weeks, and haven't slowed down. We usually get 4-6 eggs out of 6 hens every day. Under 4 eggs is very rare for the girls.

big_smile.png
Hi all I got my first egg two day's before thanksgivihg then another one on turkey day , they are a creamy brown in color. The girls are twentytwo weeks old & are barred plymouth rocks. did'nt get an egg song with the first egg,
Then the day before thanksgiving I had several false alarms but no egg I think that both eggs were produced by the same hen. I have seven. sorry no photo's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom