Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new to chickens mine started laying 2 weeks ago when they were almost 5 months old. We do let them free range during parts of the day. We put the nesting box in there coop on a Sunday and 2 days later they started laying. Have you checked all areas to see if you can find any eggs

I am new to chickens mine started laying 2 weeks ago when they were almost 5 months old. We do let them free range during parts of the day. We put the nesting box in there coop on a Sunday and 2 days later they started laying. Have you checked all areas to see if you can find any eggs
. New to this site as well. Learning as I go

We have 10 BR. Does anyone know a good way to tell which ones are laying and which ones aren't. They all look alike to me except for one and I mark her eggs when she comes out of the coop

Ok, question. My chickens are about 5-5.5 mo old and not laying yet. Someone just told me its because I let them free range! And I do, but not everyday. Is this true?

Mine free range all day every day. They are 19 weeks now and 4 of them are laying. You might want to keep them in the coop for a day to see if they are laying somewehre and you don't know about it. this way they will get the idea of laying in the cooop. I used to keep my in the coop until 1030ish until everyone was done laying, now they know where to lay and will go in the coop to lay when free ranging, Hope this helped :)

I recently kept them in for almost a
Mine free range all day every day. They are 19 weeks now and 4 of them are laying. You might want to keep them in the coop for a day to see if they are laying somewehre and you don't know about it. this way they will get the idea of laying in the cooop. I used to keep my in the coop until 1030ish until everyone was done laying, now they know where to lay and will go in the coop to lay when free ranging, Hope this helped :)
I recently kept them in for almost a week due to a loose dog, but I found no eggs. However this past week my Roo, Mr B, has been schmoozing and scr__ing all the girls, or trying to
1f601.png
! They are presently punished so won't be free ranging for a week! But I will go and dbl check the area they go to when out and about. Thanks

Currently keeping mine in until 1 or 2. I do let them roost in their favorite tree an coop them when they come down. Right now one of my girls is raising a huge fuss to be let out but I know her game. She'd run for the woods! She's about to pop!

Found this last when I got home in the roost around 6pm, was still warm.
big_smile.png
It was like it was looking up at me with rays beaming around it and I was in an excellent mood for the rest of the day! (actually I was dreaming about eggs and chickens all night too...
roll.png
)

Pretty sure this is the one that laid it.

It was a little small but heavy for it's size, I haven't cracked it open yet but probably will when I get home.

My first egg next to the ones I am getting now. They started out very small but are getting bigger. I have 2 barred rock hens . They are now almost 6 months old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom