Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone weighing their first eggs? One of my EE just started laying. Her first eggs are between 1.4oz-1.6oz

I'm a nerd for thing like this, so I keep a chart that lists all the eggs my hens lay, including time, color, weight, and even preferred nest box. I enjoy looking for trends, etc. But I digress. One of my EE just started tody with a little tannish grey green egg @ 1.4 oz. Her "sister" EE started with a tan/beige egg a few weeks ago @ .8 oz. They are not the blue or deep green I was hoping for, but it's too Late now LOL they are part of the family!

Wow! .8oz. I thought mine were small. I've been penciling the date on the eggs, and weighing them. I hope I don't look back and regret no documenting more. You never know when you need that extra information.

Got our first egg today! One of our cuckoo marans that is 21 weeks old has been chattering and screaming all morning incessantly! Finally she laid. The egg. Her well summer friend same age started cheering her on!!!

I have got to share this with ya'll. I've posted a couple of pics of eggs that were monsters...I didn't think they could get any bigger. Boy oh boy was I wrong. I could not believe the size of this egg when I found it in the coop this morning. I've weighed every big one I've found...biggest was 2.7 ounces. This sucker weighed 3.5 ounces!!!! I also took pics of it next to a regular egg, and my son holding it. The one on the right in his left hand is the one that weighed 3.5 oz. The one on the left (in his right hand) was the one from yesterday that weighed 2.7 ounces.

I have got to share this with ya'll. I've posted a couple of pics of eggs that were monsters...I didn't think they could get any bigger. Boy oh boy was I wrong. I could not believe the size of this egg when I found it in the coop this morning. I've weighed every big one I've found...biggest was 2.7 ounces. This sucker weighed 3.5 ounces!!!! I also took pics of it next to a regular egg, and my son holding it. The one on the right in his left hand is the one that weighed 3.5 oz. The one on the left (in his right hand) was the one from yesterday that weighed 2.7 ounces.
OMG! Are you sure those are chickens laying those eggs?!

Our first egg after a morning of cackling, racket and displeasure with my adding straw to the nesting boxes! Barred Rock at 23 weeks. Five more first timers to go.

OMG! Are you sure those are chickens laying those eggs?!

LOL I told my hubby that I think a duck snuck into the coop!

I know which girl is laying them, she's a commercial black that's 21 weeks old. I haven't seen her pop the eggs out, but I've been in the coop while she's sitting in the nesting box. She won't lay in front of me, so I wait outside the coop door peeking in every few minutes till she gets up (she has no brooding instinct at all at this age lol). She lays and abandons. Fine with me, I love cooking up double yolkers! Although my son made a good point today...as big as it is, maybe it will have a triple yolk!
wee.gif

Hubby told his friend today that we have a chicken that lays ostrich eggs
lau.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom