Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

My first egg! We just got our hens yesterday, and they are our first chickens.
big_smile.png

My red stars are just over a year old and FINALLY started laying (we live way up north where there is not enough daylight during winter). This was the very first egg! It is just perfect.

Egg number two! I caught the hen still in the nest box and I knew what she was doing :)

Four days worth of eggs. Day 1, 1 egg. Day 2, 1 egg. Day 3, 2 eggs. And then they laid another after I took this picture, so there were 3 eggs on the fourth day. It's so exciting how quickly they all do it :) I looked up an egg chart and there were one large, three XL, and three Jumbo! Not at all what I expected for "pullet eggs."

Here is the first egg from another of my Wheaten Am. pullets. It's the bluest of any of my blue egg girls. One of the cat's decided to check it out just as I snapped the pic!

First egg ever!!!! Found this morning and almost positive it is from one of my Dominiques since they are the only ones squatting and mating with the roosters, and one was in the boxes yesterday singing the egg song (but no egg when we checked a little after she came back outside.)
The girls are so small that I was expecting a tiny little egg for the first one, but I'd classify this as closer to medium! Can't wait to see if more show up tomorrow!!!

woohooooo my first Easter egger egg! And another cream one from either my buff orp or my silver laced Wyandotte!! They're so little!

My plymouth rock barred has just layed an egg at 9:30 am 25th march. its so cute! she's 6 moths old . and started squating early today. its quite big for a firt one!!

Last edited:
Not the first egg laid by this hen but the first for my family :) bought her yesterday and she laid an egg today. This one is from my white maran hen. My blue Andalusia hasn't laied yet for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom