Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Buff Orpinton hen laid what I thought was her first egg today- IN MY BED! She stuck into my house, found my bed, ruffled the blankets into a comfy spot and laid an egg. I was shocked to walk into my room and see that little pink egg. I am keeping the door closed now so that she doesn't try that again. Upon closer inspection, I realized that the egg looked too perfectly "egg shaped" to be her first. My husband and I searched outside and found another egg down in the tall grass. We felt like kids doing an Easter egg hunt. That egg too looked perfect, so I don't know when or where she really laid her first egg, but the one by my pillow was the one I'll certainly never ever forget.

My Buff Orpinton hen laid what I thought was her first egg today- IN MY BED! She stuck into my house, found my bed, ruffled the blankets into a comfy spot and laid an egg. I was shocked to walk into my room and see that little pink egg. I am keeping the door closed now so that she doesn't try that again. Upon closer inspection, I realized that the egg looked too perfectly "egg shaped" to be her first. My husband and I searched outside and found another egg down in the tall grass. We felt like kids doing an Easter egg hunt. That egg too looked perfect, so I don't know when or where she really laid her first egg, but the one by my pillow was the one I'll certainly never ever forget.

OMG! How funny. Did you take a picture of your bed egg?

The little pinkish/purplish one on the bottom is from a new layer. For comparison, the darker one is from our gold star, and the lighter brown one is from our wyandotte. I'm almost 100% sure the new one is from what is supposed to be an F2 olive egger, odd.

The shell is actually brown, with a coating giving it the hue. If you look close you can see part of a scratch on it showing the brown color.

seeing these past ce of pink eggs is awesome! I didn't know that was a thing. So pretty.

Are you sure that egg didn't get to your bed via a different route? My Havanese dog sometimes takes eggs, and whatever she takes, egg or anything else, she brings to the bed.

That is the craziest thing I have ever heard!

I'm trying to figure out how your chicken snuck into the house and, beyond that, found your bed!
lol.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom