Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I might have 2 layers, but can only catch one, about 25 hours apart. Here is a pic of my homemade nesting boxes, thought I would give it a try, so far the plain cardboard box is the favorite.
[/IMG]

Good to know! She laid her second egg this morning and it is already a little bigger than yesterdays! I'm sure I'm not the only one that's giddy every time she sings the egg song and I go gather it, right?! Ha. I don't think it will ever get old collecting eggs.
Especially when you have colored layers like EEs
smile.png

I have never had so much fun collecting eggs!

Last edited:
Finally got my first chicken egg yesterday from my little Char. I raised 4 Easter Eggers from 1 day old (4/3 birthday) and two (Delta, Blue) are still in my flock. (Charlie was attacked by an unknown predator, and Echo turned into a rooster that went to a great home.) So 7/30 I got 2 "started laying" Easter Egger pullets (Clever Girl and Charbroiled Charlie 2) from the semi-local Amish farm, and it took over a month but one of those finally laid an egg. It's a bit early for the two I raised, and the other is just now showing a bigger red comb, but at least the long dreaded wait for the first is over. Now I just have to wait for the "first egg" from the rest. :)

It was a bit small and already cracked when I found it since she laid it outside the nest box and it fell a bit, so I opened it to examine and found a gorgeous orange yolk. It was a nice green/blue, and I'm very proud of her. Pictured by the quail egg loot of the day for size comparison.

Egg number 2. She skipped a day but this morning had the first non-cracked normal size pretty egg. It was even in the middle of the nest box, so she's learning fast. :)

Braveheart is laying!
celebrate.gif

The little chick that ran up and jumped into my hand at the feed store and was always the first to try anything new. Well, she wasn't the first to lay, and although she is definitely an Easter Egger when she got out of the nest it seems she doesn't lay green OR blue eggs either; hers are PINK! Now I have been collecting a small lightish brown egg the last couple of days, but judging from the photo I took that one was darker than Ol Red's

...and this one was noticeably lighter than Red's. However pullet eggs can vary a lot in color, especially in the beginning so if the other eggs are her's or not I guess I won't know for sure until I see two different color eggs side by side or not.

Last edited:
Sooo.... we went on a family road trip (from MI to CO) for 10 days and came home to these! The ladies went from 1 egg/day to 3 eggs/day!! We have no idea whose first eggs these are except for 2. The huge one near the top is from our Black Austrolorp, Virgie. And the one alone at the top is from our Cuckoo Maran, Big Ma. I can't imagine I'll ever be "not excited" about egg collecting every day... It's like Christmas! T:)

Misty the silver cuckoo Marans laid her second egg today...we didn't go to her henhouse yesterday, thinking nobody would lay in there.And she seemed to have laid before her bsl and 'dotte counterparts. Her first egg is on the right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom