Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, you show her where to lay! I did the same thing with my first to lay, but it took her half an hour and one of her sisters went into the coop to the nest box to comfort or cheer her on, the last five minutes. I don't know which. My Avatar is her when she exited the coop after she laid her first egg. It was hot that day. GC
Actually, I did exactly that just today. I think I may have found out who layed that first Celeste colored egg! I reached into the coop to check for any eggs and there was Muffins sitting calmly in one corner! I guess I was right about that red comb she has been sporting for the last week or so.

She started to get up, but I gently took ahold of her and petted her while talking to her gently to calm her. Then set her inside one of the nesting boxes where she set about arranging the bedding and settling down to her business. At least until Blackstock (my Black Cock Of Death) started terrorizing the hens!
somad.gif

He's been relegated once again to 'border patrol' until I can find a new home for him. If not then he is staying there permanently.

Last edited:
What color are silkie eggs? And buff orpingtons? We have been getting a couple eggs a day since the first day last week when there were five total. Usually there is one deeper brown and one kinda cream color. Still no clue who is laying what. Also have a BSL hen and LF Cochin that may be laying as well.

Our first egg! I found it yesterday evening when I checked the lay boxes on a whim. Definitely from a black sexlink, they're our older 2. And I'm pretty sure it was from our Stretch Armstrong. She's a bit bigger than Raven, and has always seemed a bit older.

Unfortunately, our first egg was cracked a bit, so I wasn't sure if it was safe to eat?

Our first egg and our second one on the stove (my daughter dropped it so it had to be eaten)..

It was a perfect little egg with lots of flavor. I've seriously never had an egg that was so flavorful. Not even other backyard eggs. I've been feeding scratch and peck feeds with treats of fruits, veggies and farmed meal worms so maybe it's all the good food.

They are both from our now 19 week old True Blue Whiting Roxy Heart.

Last edited:
So exciting!!! Seems like it took forever. 3 of my 4 girls are 21 weeks old today and I knew it was going to happen sometime this week. This little girl(Blanche - Production Red) decided today was the day. I heard her do the egg song, so I went and checked and sure enough found this small egg. I can only assume the eggs will get slightly bigger as she lays more? Now for the other 4 hens to follow in her footsteps!

Yep it's normal for them to start out small
1f60a.png
So cute though and perfect size for a toddler. Like little baby eggs!
So exciting!!! Seems like it took forever. 3 of my 4 girls are 21 weeks old today and I knew it was going to happen sometime this week. This little girl(Blanche - Production Red) decided today was the day. I heard her do the egg song, so I went and checked and sure enough found this small egg. I can only assume the eggs will get slightly bigger as she lays more? Now for the other 4 hens to follow in her footsteps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom