Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crow the BSL's first egg. You can't see it, but it's tan/brown and covered with white speckles. It looks as though it got snowed on!

Our Splash Maran's first ever egg. I am SO thrilled because she was a $15 chick.

18 week, 5 day red sex links.
A week ago, 4 out of 6 started squatting.
Got my first two this morning. One off my lightest squatting chicken and another off one that hasn't squatted and her comb never changed color either, I had no clue she was ready. I caught her in the act.
Both in the same nest, right next to a golf ball. I guess the golf ball idea works.

Congrats, be prepared for innumerable eggs, if your sex-links are like mine. GC
I've read they are good layers.
I've got 8 eggs in 4 days but one chicken missed a day so 3 must be laying now because I got 3 this morning.
It'l be nice once all are laying and the eggs get to a normal size.

It's also nice having them start so close together. Even my cockerel tried to crow for the first time two days ago, it was hilarious.

I've read they are good layers. 
I've got 8 eggs in 4 days but one chicken missed a day so 3 must be laying now because I got 3 this morning.
It'l be nice once all are laying and the eggs get to a normal size.

It's also nice having them start so close together.  Even my cockerel tried to crow for the first time two days ago, it was hilarious.
Yeah my girls started out small, now extra large is the most common at 29 weeks.
2 small shown with an extra large and a jumbo which I get a few times a week GC

My chickens didn't start laying until Hurricane Matthew hit so I didn't know how old the eggs were. I am happy to report I have seven chirrping eggs in my temp incubator. ( ordered one and it will be here on the 9th)

Last edited:

Sept 25th 2016 we became productive egg gathering chicken owners! One from our Rhode Island Red and the other from our Ameracaunas. Chewy was very interested and now checks for eggs in the coop a couple times a day
1f60a.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom