Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first egg!!!! I got it Friday March 24th. Didn't get one Saturday BUT heard the egg song Sunday morning while getting ready for church. Went outside and saw another egg.

Today Monday I got 2!!! Another hen is starting to lay.
I have 8 hens ( red sex link and Buff) 21 weeks and 5 days old

[/IMG]

Yay for all the first eggs!! So exciting. Hope to join this tgread in a few months!

I've read the "first egg" can be underwhelming (soft shell, no shell, otherwise weird/gross) but all these great looking eggs give me hope!

Mine were perfect!!! And the size was good as well. Here is a comparison to a really large organic egg from Costco on the left and the 2 eggs I got yesterday.

I can't wait until all my hens are laying:) looking forward to seeing your first egg.

Yay for all the first eggs!! So exciting. Hope to join this tgread in a few months!

I've read the "first egg" can be underwhelming (soft shell, no shell, otherwise weird/gross) but all these great looking eggs give me hope!

If it makes you feel any better, I was totally afraid to crack open/eat my first eggs. They looked perfect on the outside, but I was terrified to see what was on the inside. I saved up my first dozen and when I cracked them all open, there was only one egg with a pinpoint sized blood spot and that was the only thing wrong with any of them. They were delicious btw! Just make sure to crack them into a separate bowl and not right into the pan or whatever you're cooking just in case. My 200+lb South African mastiff enjoys eating my reject eggs. Haha.

Mine were perfect!!! And the size was good as well. Here is a comparison to a really large organic egg from Costco on the left and the 2 eggs I got yesterday.

I can't wait until all my hens are laying:) looking forward to seeing your first egg.

That speckled egg is so interesting and pretty!

caseybean025
I think so too!!! I don't know why it looks that way BUT that is what all of the eggs we got from that hen look like(all 3 so far) LOL

If it makes you feel any better, I was totally afraid to crack open/eat my first eggs. They looked perfect on the outside, but I was terrified to see what was on the inside. I saved up my first dozen and when I cracked them all open, there was only one egg with a pinpoint sized blood spot and that was the only thing wrong with any of them. They were delicious btw! Just make sure to crack them into a separate bowl and not right into the pan or whatever you're cooking just in case. My 200+lb South African mastiff enjoys eating my reject eggs. Haha.

That actually DOES make me feel better! LOL. And thanks for the tip of cracking into a pan or bowl or something first... I wouldn't have thought of that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom