Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

These are our second eggs from our pens, the biggest is a duck egg, the next is from one of a first year chickens, and the third, well we have no clue it was found in the walk way under our walnutt tree I dont see a nest but we do have blue jays all over and woodpeckers.

Just by first glance it looks like a new duck egg. When my ducks started they sure had some little ones popping out here & there before they became more normal sized & in the nesting barrels
tongue.png
bet you wont find any yolk in it - or only a little squiggle of one

These are our second eggs from our pens, the biggest is a duck egg, the next is from one of a first year chickens, and the third, well we have no clue it was found in the walk way under our walnutt tree I dont see a nest but we do have blue jays all over and woodpeckers.

Third egg today, I think it's just Flutters, 'cause it fits. First egg came toward end of day, second day nothing, third egg earlier in the day. Though they could both be laying. I know the first egg was slightly smaller and a little longer in shape, but the next two were rounder and slightly larger. Do hens usually have a tell tail shape to their eggs?

Wondering if I should leave those eggs in there so it encourages the other one to lay?? LOL. I think I might do an art project and take some plastic easter eggs and fill them with plaster of paris and make fake eggs! LOL

Cluck-Cluck --->
You could get some white fimo & roll up some different sized ones bake em then paint them to look like what colors you've gotten so far. Make a great family project too
smile.png

Don't use air dry clay lol my daughter wanted to make eggs to ~help her chickens know where to go~ (she's 4) How can you say no to that -> those didn't last too long needless to say

You could even get the different colored fimo & mash em up till you get the shades you want!

Last edited:
Well my first egg has finally arrived ... Actually two eggs notice my brown hen Gertie was in the neat boxes when she came out found two eggs can they lay two??? Or did my other hen Mabel lay one while I wasn't lookin ??? Z

Third egg today, I think it's just Flutters, 'cause it fits. First egg came toward end of day, second day nothing, third egg earlier in the day. Though they could both be laying. I know the first egg was slightly smaller and a little longer in shape, but the next two were rounder and slightly larger. Do hens usually have a tell tail shape to their eggs?

Wondering if I should leave those eggs in there so it encourages the other one to lay?? LOL. I think I might do an art project and take some plastic easter eggs and fill them with plaster of paris and make fake eggs! LOL

I think they sell fake eggs for that purpose, to put them "in the mood" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom