Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's our very first ever egg. I think it's from one of my ISA Browns named Fuff. She layed this one last week, skipped a day and then layed another every day for 4 days straight. They all were perfectly formed, but little bitty. The excitement of finding this first egg was overwhelming for all of us. We have been waiting and waiting because she had been looking so much more mature than the others so we suspected that she was going to lay soon. So, when I opened the box and found the sweet little egg, we all about threw a party. My three little boys all had to hold the egg and my middle boy was horrified a couple of days later when I fried one of the eggs up. He thought they had babies in them. I guess I had forgotten to explain that babies don't come in eggs when there are no daddy chickens around. Now he gets it, but he still informed me that I won't be frying up any of HIS chicken's (he bought a black sex link with his own $1) eggs, he would be keeping them all to color on. He's my little 5 year old artist. He's very talented and wants to draw and color all day long. Should I tell him that his creations will eventually rot? Or maybe I should teach him how to blow out the inside?

Edited to add: my ISA was 17 weeks last week when she layed this one.

Last edited:

We just got our first white egg which means one of these girls, Margarine or Butter, is the culprit!

I think my girl is taking a break. Got our first egg on the 4th, second egg about 30 hours later and it was bigger and then none yesterday. My girls are right at 16 weeks. I guess a break is normal?

We got our FIRST egg today! I am so excited! I have raised these girls from babies and now to see them start laying is so rewarding! We have 5 Black Sex-Link hens that were born around the 3rd of February. Here is a pic!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom