Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is our first egg from one of 7 21 wk old gals (game mixed breeds). No one in the coop claimed it but my roo got upset when I took it with me!

Found three today
1f603.png
just can't get picture to load? I'll try again later.

My EE has been a constant layer for a couple weeks now and 2-3 others are taking turns laying (they'll get the hang of it someday...).

So today I went to check and found 2 regular chicken eggs (well, 3, I interrupted my EE and she took her sweet time.) and I always do a perimeter check around the whole yard just in case I get a new layer or someone drops one before getting to the hen house.

This is what I found:

I believe it is a turkey egg, even though I was told the turkeys wouldn't be laying until next season. It was under the Dust Bowl Trees.
I hadn't got so excited since my first EE egg!!

This is from Rocky, of our three hens she is the first to lay. Hopefully the other two catch on...soon! Her eggs have gotten bigger every time. She started laying last Monday, she is now laying every day. Every morning she waits until everyone gets let out, then she sneaks back into the coop to lay. Rocky is the hen on the left.

Last edited:
My EE has been a constant layer for a couple weeks now and 2-3 others are taking turns laying (they'll get the hang of it someday...).

So today I went to check and found 2 regular chicken eggs (well, 3, I interrupted my EE and she took her sweet time.) and I always do a perimeter check around the whole yard just in case I get a new layer or someone drops one before getting to the hen house.

This is what I found:

I believe it is a turkey egg, even though I was told the turkeys wouldn't be laying until next season. It was under the Dust Bowl Trees.
I hadn't got so excited since my first EE egg!!
I would have been so excited to find that little gem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom