Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW!! That egg is HUGE for a first time layer!! What type of hen gave you that beauty? My Barred Rock gave me my first one last week and she's now just started laying daily eggs but they are on the small side, especially if you compare it to yours!!

Give of ours are barred rocks, and we have one RIR. don't worry you're barred rock will work its way up to large eggs soon.

All but one of my girls is laying (I think) because every other day I get 7 eggs and I have 8 girls. The eggs are on the small side for the most part...but they just started laying a few weeks ago.

Then I went out to the coop yesterday to collect any eggs. And I found this whopper! I swear a DUCK snuck into the coop...the thing was huge! Wouldn't even fit in the egg carton properly it was so big! Here it is beside a normal egg I get from my girls.

I weighed the sucker...the biggest egg I've gotten so far was 1.6 oz. I used hubby's digital scale he uses for his HVAC job. This egg weighed 2.2 oz!

My son begged me to cook it for him this morning for breakfast. When I cracked it open into a pan, it turns out it was a double yolker...my first ever!!!

And just for fun, here's the latest 18 eggs I've gathered!

All but one of my girls is laying (I think) because every other day I get 7 eggs and I have 8 girls. The eggs are on the small side for the most part...but they just started laying a few weeks ago. Then I went out to the coop yesterday to collect any eggs. And I found this whopper! I swear a DUCK snuck into the coop...the thing was huge! Wouldn't even fit in the egg carton properly it was so big! Here it is beside a normal egg I get from my girls. I weighed the sucker...the biggest egg I've gotten so far was 1.6 oz. I used hubby's digital scale he uses for his HVAC job. This egg weighed 2.2 oz! My son begged me to cook it for him this morning for breakfast. When I cracked it open into a pan, it turns out it was a double yolker...my first ever!!! And just for fun, here's the latest 18 eggs I've gathered!
tell your girls good job!

We have 4 Red Rangers, 2 Production Reds, 2 Buff Orphangtons and 2 Easter Eggers. Other than the fact it was not one of the EEs I can't be sure who laid it. I think it was one of the Red Rangers as she was doing the squat walk lately. They are really a cross breed from Hoover Hatchery bred for meat but they were so nice I decided to keep a few to see how they lay.

They are both cross breeds from Hoovers Hatchery. The Production Red is bred for laying and is a cross between a Rhode Island Red and something else. The Red Rangers are bred for meat but I kept a few because they are such nice birds and I thought it would be fun to see how they lay. I am not sure what they cross to produce them.

My EE has been a constant layer for a couple weeks now and 2-3 others are taking turns laying (they'll get the hang of it someday...).

So today I went to check and found 2 regular chicken eggs (well, 3, I interrupted my EE and she took her sweet time.) and I always do a perimeter check around the whole yard just in case I get a new layer or someone drops one before getting to the hen house.

This is what I found:

I believe it is a turkey egg, even though I was told the turkeys wouldn't be laying until next season. It was under the Dust Bowl Trees.
I hadn't got so excited since my first EE egg!!
It is very pretty. So, you have a turkey?

my first egg from my very first chick I have raised, she is a lavender pekin bantam so excited lol

i have been waiting forever it seems for my chickens to lay! yesterday morning, i went out to the coop and peeked in. a silkie was sitting in the corner and i thought it was odd because all the other chickens were out perching like normal. i went in the pen and in the coop and sure enough, she was sitting on an egg! a little tan, almost white egg. i stuck it in the nesting box and put her in there too in hopes that she would lay there next time (and encourage others to do the same).

my fiance went out to the coop this morning and found a second one, same color, just a tad larger. so it worked! i went out this afternoon, and found ANOTHER egg, this time a brown, kinda mottled egg, larger than the other 2. im SO excited!

i have 10 pullets (5 more in the brooder) and 3 roosters (2 more in the brooder). i want to start hatching out eggs once all the girls are laying (i have a gorgeous easter egger rooster id like to use - silkie/ameraucana - black with orange saddle/hackles). the silkie pullets are about 23 weeks or so, 4 EE pullets are 24 weeks, 2 EE are 19 weeks and a wyandotte pullet is 12 weeks or so. most of the second EEs are maran/ameraucana and have a straight comb, so im not expecting too many colored eggs from them. i think thats where the brown egg came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom