Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got our first egg on 08/06/13! :) Here is a link to the album.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/g/a/6545681/our-first-egg/

Since 08/06/13, we have collected 33 eggs. 7 Peewees, 14 small, and 12 medium. Smallest was 35.3 grams. Largest was 55.6 and was a double yolker. They have come from 4 young hens. 2 White Leghorns (Snow and Nugget), a Buff Orpington (Biscuit), and a Red Star (Fluffy). So far, Snow has been our best layer. She has laid for at least 6 days in a row with a consistent upward trend in egg weight. And, we only have 4 eggs left in the fridge right now.

Here are my Barred Rocks first eggs
thumbsup.gif

Can you believe this, WOW! I went to the hen house yesterday for a little peace and quiet and look what I found. I never expected Crybaby to ever lay an egg, ever! So 8 months later here it is Crybaby's first egg, its such a beautiful color. We are all so proud of our girl. Can't wait to see if she lays today! Now we have one more left that needs to start.

Last edited:

Can you believe this, WOW! I went to the hen house yesterday for a little peace and quiet and look what I found. I never expected Crybaby to ever lay an egg, ever! So 8 months later here it is Crybaby's first egg, its such a beautiful color. We are all so proud of our girl. Can't wait to see if she lays today! Now we have one more left that needs to start.
Congrats!!!

I posted this morning about an egg I found yesterday...the "monster egg" that weighed 2.2 oz. Well, after I posted I went out to gather eggs...and I found another whopper...only this one weighed 2.6 oz!!!!! Another double yolker for sure!!!!

It was another double yolker! The one I got yesterday wasn't as big, haven't weighed it or cracked it open yet...but here's the one in the pic above...in my hand and then in the frying pan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom