Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[/IMG]

Who's egg is this? It looks like it was darker brown inside and then painted grayish cream on top, very chalky in texture. There seems to be few scratches on it revealing under color of much darker brown. It's pretty big for a first one too, definitely not a bantam. My breeds that are in question, since they didn't lay yet, are two EEs, Cuckoo Maran and four different Polish. I 'm Very curious, I only had it once last week. Was it a first misshapen one or could my other hens that have been laying regularly misshapen it too? Regular ones are Production Red, White Leggern, Silkie and I think sometimes white Sultan. My other bantam, besides Silkie and Sultan, is a Black Frizzle Cochin.

Thanks to all for the info. I also can't wait for my EE's to start. Friends and family don't believe they lay Easter eggs.
Will the size of the eggs get bigger in time? My BCM is laying small eggs but she is pretty large....

I check the coop this morning and found two eggs! I didn't check yesterday and suspect it was Jack who laid them. She just turned 4 months old yesterday. After dancing around the yard singing chicken eggs chicken eggs, solidifying my weirdo neighbor status, I thought my egg excitement was over.

Nope, I checked the coop this afternoon and was shocked to see another egg.

Sam is 21/2 weeks younger then Jack. Sam was acting weird inside the coop earlier. I think she laid it. It was still warm when I found it.

You lucky you had a yolk, one of my bantams so far made only two or three yolkless tiny - nail sized eggs. We are laughing that she is realy trying to be "cholesterol free"

First egg from my ladies. Since then we have had an egg a day for 6 days, 5 this size and one double this sized........ They are 5 months old and I am thinking most are barren lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom