Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still waiting in our 1st......
Our 2 golden sex links are 22 weeks, but went thru a light molt recently so I am not sure when they will lay. I know I get butterflies every day when I check those boxes. Lol
Congrats everyone!

Still waiting in our 1st......
Our 2 golden sex links are 22 weeks, but went thru a light molt recently so I am not sure when they will lay. I know I get butterflies every day when I check those boxes. Lol
Congrats everyone!
I was the same way, the day I stopped worrying about it, boom! Had 2 eggs the next day...

Last edited:
I am beginning to think that my production reds that are half the others age are going to lay first. Lol

Ug.
I have a 4-5 month old splash ameraucana & her wheatan 18 month old mother. I went back and bought from the breeder last month and 8 month old ameraucana that have yet to lay for me. :(
I know my splash chick has awhile to go yet. Plus fall arrived and all started molting! So I added protein and a light to the coop and new feathers are in beautifully so they're coming out of molt (slowly lol).
I WANT EGGS.
all morning my Black AM & Wheatan mama have been singing the egg song super loud while My 3 year old easter egger lays her DAILY egg. Lol Even the splash pullet is pretend nesting.
I want my blue eggs! Lol They are teasing me so bad!

All of my pullets molted when it was still nice, I thought that might be a sign that they might lay before winter set in, I've had the light on in the coop 15hrs a day, and let them out in the afternoons, I'm not overly worried about predators, we had a hawk attack one of my pullets a couple months ago, in the morning, and the roosters herded most of the girls back into the coop, and one stayed in the far corner with the rest of them, watching the hawk till I came out and scared it off, then they all went into the coop and didn't come out for two days, even when I opened the door the second afternoon.

I unfortunately can't go and check for eggs today until I'm ready to let them out, as they will run out the second I open the door, i make sure that they have food and water in the evening, to last till I can let them out. I want to go find more eggs, but I know my girls to well.

eta: so i got impatient and managed to sneak into the coop (bringing treats) no one snuck out, and I got to watch one lay her first egg, she was in the process when I walked in, this was a proper pullet sized egg, my first one I found was full sized. There are a few girls pacing in and out of the boxes this morning while i was there. I left a couple golf balls, one in the darkest spot, and one where the girl laid her egg this morning, so I could take the egg with me.

Last edited:
Yeah, mine are going in and out of the boxes like they are getting ready. I put a fake egg in there so maybe soon.

First egg after 68 days of waiting. Might have been the dry cat food that we added to the laying feed. Very exciting. Our rooster is acting very studly today.

Not our first, but it's the first for one of my girls... WOO HOO...:cd Another first for me on Saturday, I got to hear my first chicken song.. amazing. The big brown came from our BCM, she's been laying about 3 weeks now. The light olive is only the 4th from our Ameraucana, finally showing a better size. The new arrival today, a pinkish and pretty big for a first timer. Came from one of these: [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR]
Is that a Serama, the little black hen? I have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom