Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is the first 3 eggs from our 3 girls but one is now just laying shelless eggs, they have all the right food but making no difference :-(
Sorry to hear that, this chicken raising "hobby" can be frustrating at times. My girls are all older (got them from an auction, I don't suggest that route for newbies... it's been one challenge after another *sigh*). The only thing I can suggest is to add oyster shells, if you're not already. I give my girls about 1/2 cup every morning spread over their breakfast. I also give them about a cup of yogurt to share every other day. I also read in this thread to chop up some kale to improve shells. If there's no shell at all after trying some calcium infused treats, then maybe there is a problem with her "system"?! I'm new to all this, but I know you can find a LOT of great info on here and the people are fantastic about giving advice!

Good luck
thumbsup.gif

Sorry to hear that, this chicken raising "hobby" can be frustrating at times. My girls are all older (got them from an auction, I don't suggest that route for newbies... it's been one challenge after another *sigh*). The only thing I can suggest is to add oyster shells, if you're not already. I give my girls about 1/2 cup every morning spread over their breakfast. I also give them about a cup of yogurt to share every other day. I also read in this thread to chop up some kale to improve shells. If there's no shell at all after trying some calcium infused treats, then maybe there is a problem with her "system"?! I'm new to all this, but I know you can find a LOT of great info on here and the people are fantastic about giving advice!

Good luck :thumbsup

Thanks for the advice, they have oyster shell and we give them greens and all the suggested laying pellets, I think she may just be behind maturity wise and her comb and wattles are still not fully formed and pinkish. She also had a bout of sour crop a few weeks back but has bounced back from that. What I'm worrying about is if they start to eat the soft ones and get the taste for them. Here's a photo of pretty much how all her eggs look

Our 1st Family EGG!!
We have 2 White Rocks, should be expecting the other one to start real soon.
6 days early from their hatching date of Jan 23rd. Early layers, 5 month of age estimate. Right on time.

First egg and first time chicken keeper!
I got my first egg Fathers Day from Ruby my Ameraucauna. She has layed everyday since and as you can see they are bigger everyday. She is 17 weeks today, hope the others join in soon. She was submissive squatting so I knew she would be first.So EXCITED!!!!!

After a few shell-less eggs, fart eggs, and eggs laid inside the guinea coop, all four of our Easter Egger girls are finally laying almost daily in their nesting boxes. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom