Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got our first egg from our silkie a little over a week ago. Her first egg was white and by her sixth and most recent egg she is producing a pretty pink shell. The look of joy on my husbands face when he brought me her first egg was so precious. He even will admit that he is surprised at how much he loves our girls.

We got our first egg from our silkie a little over a week ago. Her first egg was white and by her sixth and most recent egg she is producing a pretty pink shell. The look of joy on my husbands face when he brought me her first egg was so precious. He even will admit that he is surprised at how much he loves our girls.

What pretty eggs!

I know exactly how he feels.
big_smile.png

I am loving seeing all of these pics and stories!

OUR FIRST EGG!!! Not sure who laid it (Red Sex Link or RIR) They are both 22 weeks and 1 day :)

The one on the left is a store bought XL egg.... The RIGHT is our first egg!

My first eggs!

This is the first layer, I think. I have 5 identical. Wish I could tell what breed they are. Distinctive greenish patch behind the eyes. Smallish birds also. Will take better pics this evening when I let them out to roam.

This is the bird I moved off the nest. Trying to find the breed. Description above.

Easily twice the size of the nester above.

This finishes the representation of my birds. Two dominickers and three RIR's?

Last edited:
Nice eggs from pretty chickens!!!
celebrate.gif
Hubby is now trying to add the third spy camera to the chicken coop, this time in the run! LOL!!! Well, this way we know who did what for certain!
caf.gif

i now have 14 eggs in my carton. we have been getting eggs for about a week! it started as one chicken laying, then two, now i am getting 4 eggs a day! oh boy this is going to be a lot of eggs (i have 16 chickens in total!)

i now have 14 eggs in my carton. we have been getting eggs for about a week! it started as one chicken laying, then two, now i am getting 4 eggs a day! oh boy this is going to be a lot of eggs (i have 16 chickens in total!)
Congrats, you will have some to sell or gift! However, don't count your eggs before they are laid. We have 14 to 16 layers and for 3 weeks we have been averaging 4 to 6 eggs a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom