Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my Cuckoo Marans has decided to join in (17 weeks):

No - I don't have gigantic hands - this thing is tiny (like a robin's egg). I know a pullet's first few eggs can be small, but when my BSL, RIR, and BOs starting laying, even their very first eggs weren't this micro. Suppose that has something to do with their being bred specifically for egg production as opposed to the marans?

I have gathered a few almost that small from my BRs that just started laying aweek ago, they still don't hvae any size to them, i have 5 layers 21 weeks old

One of my Cuckoo Marans has decided to join in (17 weeks):

No - I don't have gigantic hands - this thing is tiny (like a robin's egg). I know a pullet's first few eggs can be small, but when my BSL, RIR, and BOs starting laying, even their very first eggs weren't this micro. Suppose that has something to do with their being bred specifically for egg production as opposed to the marans?

15 eggs today and they will all be dog food
1f622.png
chickens have been diagnosed with ilt and are on meds .... Such a sad day

First one came just after July 4th, and didn't even register as "small" on my egg scale!
070907B.jpg

Where I find them... (and yes, the golfballs worked!)
072707A.jpg

Using up the store-bought farm eggs (the lower five) and filling in with my own! I've since filled this carton twice!
072707F.jpg

I think collecting eggs is one of my favorite daily chores! /img/smilies/lol.png

Oh, and some of my girls started around 17/18 weeks, and the rest were laying by 24. And yes, they've been on layer from roughly 17 weeks.

Wow! That egg scale is amazing, I need to get one of those, I've never seen them before.

My chickens are around 19 weeks old, still waiting for that first egg... aaaannny tiiiime now. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom