Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's wrong with this picture? Oh, I'm not posting one. One of my cuckoo marans, Daisy, laid her first egg today! I never HEARD such a racket out there! LOL!!!
yippiechickie.gif
However............I expected to see a dark brown egg! It was no darker than the barred rock's eggs, and about the same size (although the BR has been laying for 14 days now and were much smaller in the beginning). Our BO's eggs are darker! So I'm disappointed in the color, but I'm pleased with the size for a first egg. They should be really large in a few weeks, but I thought the cuckoo marans were supposed to be "chocolate eggers". Oh well, I'm sure they'll be great eggs anyway. Now, Pansy has to jump on the band wagon and start laying too!
thumbsup.gif

First, I am sorry about the double post. The site was not running like usual when I posted and it said my first attempt to post didn't go through. I can't figure out how to delete one of them - I tried.

Second, Sandywitch, my RS's first egg was very light with dark speckles and the next was a bit darker. The last three have all been dark. One of the first timer's eggs today was tan with white speckles. I'm expecting a darker egg tomorrow because I think the layers are all Red Stars so far.

What's wrong with this picture? Oh, I'm not posting one. One of my cuckoo marans, Daisy, laid her first egg today! I never HEARD such a racket out there! LOL!!!
yippiechickie.gif
However............I expected to see a dark brown egg! It was no darker than the barred rock's eggs, and about the same size (although the BR has been laying for 14 days now and were much smaller in the beginning). Our BO's eggs are darker! So I'm disappointed in the color, but I'm pleased with the size for a first egg. They should be really large in a few weeks, but I thought the cuckoo marans were supposed to be "chocolate eggers". Oh well, I'm sure they'll be great eggs anyway. Now, Pansy has to jump on the band wagon and start laying too!
thumbsup.gif

Our first and second BCM eggs. The color can vary quite a bit in the beginning.

We got our first egg from our silkie a little over a week ago. Her first egg was white and by her sixth and most recent egg she is producing a pretty pink shell. The look of joy on my husbands face when he brought me her first egg was so precious. He even will admit that he is surprised at how much he loves our girls.
How old are your girls?

I have 2 adult hens laying and 9 pullets currently. So I was pleasantly surprised to come home and find 4 eggs today. I think 2 of my red mix EE pullets started laying! My Australorps,SLW,and Columbian plymouth rocks should be soon I hope,they're a few weeks younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom