Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got one from my EE (other two are from partridge rock)

Not sure which of my 5, twenty week old pullets performed this first little miracle today!

We have a 2nd layer... finally! Not sure who laid this wonderful surprise but I think it's between 2 of them. Bad thing is our 2nd layer took our 1st layers lead and decided not to lay in the nest box. I have a feeling none of them will end up using them. Guess I need a new plan! Anyway, yay for 2 eggs days!

We have a 2nd layer... finally! Not sure who laid this wonderful surprise but I think it's between 2 of them. Bad thing is our 2nd layer took our 1st layers lead and decided not to lay in the nest box. I have a feeling none of them will end up using them. Guess I need a new plan! Anyway, yay for 2 eggs days!

Try golf balls in the nest boxes.

Try golf balls in the nest boxes.
tried that, I've tried a lot of things. I think they just don't like my set up because to my knowledge none of them have even gone into the nest boxes except the 2 that I tried holding in there, petting, and talking nicely to which was suggested to me and obviously didn't work either.

I wonder what would happen if you put the first real egg in a nest box. Then if hen #2 was looking to see if there was an egg somewhere that's the one she'd spot, and maybe lay there. I didn't have any luck at all with golf balls, but for some reason the wooden eggs held their attention and helped get them into the nests.

I wonder what would happen if you put the first real egg in a nest box. Then if hen #2 was looking to see if there was an egg somewhere that's the one she'd spot, and maybe lay there.  I didn't have any luck at all with golf balls, but for some reason the wooden eggs held their attention and helped get them into the nests.
I'm just not even sure they'd look in the nest boxes. I really have not seen any interest in them at all. Here is my set up.
I have since added perches on each drawer so they can get in easily and I had to remove the pan on the left side. I placed it there to see if my girl would lay inside it since that is her chosen laying spot but she just laid in other random places. Once I removed it she started laying there again. I am thinking about just taking a rubbermaid tote and cutting a hole out. I think maybe my first layer just doesn't want to have to jump or fly up to anything, she just wants to walk right up and sit to lay.

I'm just not even sure they'd look in the nest boxes. I really have not seen any interest in them at all. Here is my set up.
I have since added perches on each drawer so they can get in easily and I had to remove the pan on the left side. I placed it there to see if my girl would lay inside it since that is her chosen laying spot but she just laid in other random places. Once I removed it she started laying there again. I am thinking about just taking a rubbermaid tote and cutting a hole out. I think maybe my first layer just doesn't want to have to jump or fly up to anything, she just wants to walk right up and sit to lay.
That setup is awesome!!!!! I love it! Good luck on training them to use it.

I brought "Liberty" and "Justice" home on Friday afternoon...

And they gifted us with these by Saturday at dusk.

Sunday's breakfast was extra special!
love.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom