Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Around 5 pm, I get a call from my papa saying it finally happened. I am pretty sure I know who did it, a BR named Aleandra and an RIR named Henny Penny. Both are exactly 21 weeks and two days. Here they are!

I think Penny laid the one on the bottom left, oddly enough a bit larger, pointier and lighter in color than Aleandra's. I think Aleandra laid the one on the bottom right... Any guesses?

Update: Penny gave me a smaller, but less pointy one today. Yipee!

Last edited:
First egg, not sure which of our 5 hens laid it. Got home from work this afternoon and found it sitting on the poop deck below the roost! At least it wasn't in our yard, the neighbor's yard or in the woods.

Can't wait for more in the coming days/weeks!

First egg, not sure which of our 5 hens laid it. Got home from work this afternoon and found it sitting on the poop deck below the roost! At least it wasn't in our yard, the neighbor's yard or in the woods.

Can't wait for more in the coming days/weeks!

Were all of them showing the signs like red comb, squatting, and nesting? And are they all the same type/ lay the same colored eggs? It was easy for me to see because two of mine started showing signs and only one layed brown eggs, so I got lucky :D I'm sure you'll find out eventually

We had a new EE layer today! My DD found it by the roosts. Hopefully she will get the hang of the nesting boxes soon!
It is the dark green one in the middle left.

Last edited:
Those blue eggs you've got there, we had a pullet hatch from an egg about the same color, the roo used for the combo was a BCM. We also hatched a pullet that was pure BCM from the same roo. Here's an image of the egg colors they produce, along with some eggs from our landraces:
So cool! Beautiful eggs! Thanks for posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom