Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I started on the laptop, pic was on my phone. Have you had Polish? I've heard they arn't the best of layers because they have been breed so many years for show instead of utility. But I was forced to keep it cause my daughters fell in love with the puffy head. They think she is the friendliest because they can pick her up, I think it just doesn't see them coming so they get lucky it doesn't have a chance of getting away.
Never had polish, but think they are quite interesting..I was guessing Polish…hoping it was the layer.

This week we started getting 3 eggs a day and today 3 this morning and a big surprise with 2 more in the afternoon. Yipee. So we hope to be selling these lovely eggs.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

1 Andalusian, 1 Old English Bantam and three EE's...... the Andalusian won the egg race!!

#3 from top is our purple, spotted egg.
(not really purple)
wink.png

#2,3,5,and 7 are all new layers this week

Yahoo! Got our first two eggs.

They are small, but perfect. :). This is so exciting. I can't wait to see what we get next!!!!

Time to eat our first eggs from my daughters pet Easter Egger bantam, 'Spot'. The girls wanted green eggs and ham for breakfast. Didn't have any ham so they settled for venison breakfast sausage. Boy were they glad the eggs weren't green inside! Should have got a pic of them in the pan, bright dark orange yolk, store bought one yellow and flat.

lol.png
I know! It's so eggciting to see what you will get next!
thumbsup.gif
And they gradually get bigger. And they're oh, so yummy!!!

Time to eat our first eggs from my daughters pet Easter Egger bantam, 'Spot'. The girls wanted green eggs and ham for breakfast. Didn't have any ham so they settled for venison breakfast sausage. Boy were they glad the eggs weren't green inside! Should have got a pic of them in the pan, bright dark orange yolk, store bought one yellow and flat.

I used to wonder about that "green eggs and ham" thing. LOL!!! Now I know that it is possible!
lau.gif
I wish I had one of those hens!

Looks like your Easter Egger is actually more of an Olive Egger....same idea, just different shades of eggs.
If you ever want t mess with your girls there are ways to create actual "green eggs" - I found a few different methods a while back and posted the links on a similar thread somewhere around here.......have to see if I can find them again for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom