Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The egg on the right is the first one from my EE Honey, in contrast to the egg my other EE, Spot, lays every day..looks like Honey has a bit of Olive Egger in her. This first egg didn't come until she was 30 weeks old!

Looks like your Easter Egger is actually more of an Olive Egger....same idea, just different shades of eggs.
If you ever want t mess with your girls there are ways to create actual "green eggs" - I found a few different methods a while back and posted the links on a similar thread somewhere around here.......have to see if I can find them again for you.

When I ordered them we also got welsummers, and a welsummer roo.
I though EE laid blue eggs after finding out otherwise the plan was to keep any blue ones for hatching olive EEgrs. I guess we already have a olive egger! Still waiting to see what colors the other three fullsize EE lay, and how dark the wellie will be. We have a couple brown leghorns also.

My babies are 21 weeks and 5 days old today. Obviously from one of the EE's. Hubby's still threatening the roasting pan if the others don't get in gear...
tongue.gif

ya.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

Remind Papa that "happy hens lay more eggs". He shouldn't threaten the roasting pan for quite some time yet.
duc.gif
Mine took much longer than this, and now they're doing quite well even with temperatures dropping.
smack.gif
Patience is a virtue.............that most of us lack! I know it's difficult to wait, but now that you have one starting to lay, the others will soon follow!
wee.gif
Hang in there! That one egg is a beauty!

. Finally got my first carton full!! I have two EEs ,a blue cochin, and a red sex link laying! I have two more EEs another blue cochin and a barred rock that needs to hurry up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom