Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My EE Martha laid her first egg today! She is 24 weeks old and what makes it more special is that she is one of my first chicks hatched by a broody.

Edited to correct grammar.

Last edited:
So pretty. I hope my EE starts laying soon. She is 23 weeks old now. Hopefully when she does lay I get lucky and get some pretty blue or green ones.

I supposedly have an Americauna that I don't think has laid eggs yet although she will gladly sit on eggs that have been laid. With 5 chickens it's hard to know. I know for sure that three of them are laying, maybe a fourth.

Our little Dark Cornish, Chickity Chick-Chick, laid her first egg on 1/14. She's one of our younger chickens, not a typical layer breed, yet she's the first one to start laying. Somebody else laid one today, but I don't know who yet.

Our little Dark Cornish, Chickity Chick-Chick, laid her first egg on 1/14. She's one of our younger chickens, not a typical layer breed, yet she's the first one to start laying. Somebody else laid one today, but I don't know who yet.

OMG! So cute! Congratulations!

We have 13 Dark Cornish that have not laid as of yet, some of them look much more developed than your girl. They're 21 weeks old right now. How old is your little sweetie?

Last edited:
27 weeks today...banging head on barn door

Lol!

Don't worry, it will happen!

Our first flock, which were all Silver Spangled Hamburgs, didn't produce an egg before 26 weeks. Most of them were a few weeks after that.

I was absolutely amazed when a Delaware in our newest flock laid an egg at just over 20 weeks. I was almost ashamed to be happy about it. Lol!

Here's one from the day she laid, she was freaking out and actually hurt herself so she was getting snuggles in the warm house.

She's exactly 6 months old today actually. She's laid 4 eggs in 6 days. I'm incredibly impressed because I didn't expect anything from her.

Wow, yours makes Chickity look like a little baby. That's very strange.

I have a very mild rope light on a timer that stays on in the run from 4pm to 9pm, oyster shell, a big, walk-in nesting box that I built. I'm sure you've got a similar set up. They didn't start laying until I lengthened the time the light was on? Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom