Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, general the first eggs are VERY expensive! It take a while for them to pay off their debt! LOL! It's worth it, though.
wink.png

Got 3 of these today but I don't know which one(s) laid them! I have 1 golden sexlink, 1 buff orpington and 1 barred rock. Such an exciting event! Did not think the family would get as excited as we did. We all took pictures and shared it with all our friends and family. LOL!!! You would have thought someone had a baby and it sure felt that way!

If that dark brown one is a marans egg, my two only ever lay one egg every other day. Usually, they take turns, so I get one marans egg every day. The other egg looks like it may have gotten dropped on one end. Could it have fallen out of the nest box or something? Also, a lot of hens/pullets slow down egg laying in the winter months if they are in a cold area. Mine have barely slowed down. Out of four hens, we're getting two or three every day.

Got 3 of these today but I don't know which one(s) laid them! I have 1 golden sexlink, 1 buff orpington and 1 barred rock. Such an exciting event! Did not think the family would get as excited as we did. We all took pictures and shared it with all our friends and family. LOL!!! You would have thought someone had a baby and it sure felt that way!

Somebody did!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom