Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, I find myself totally agreeing with OGM. :)  Mine spent a couple of weeks "practicing" nesting, going in and out of the coop a lot, before the first egg actually appeared. For me (though of course it's different for everyone and their chickens), the best indicator that my pullets were approaching POL was that they started to do the rooster squat -- you hover your hand over their backs and they drop into a submissive squat. The breeder who sold me my birds told me that when they started doing this, that meant about T minus 10 days to POL, and he was pretty much exactly right.

WOW! That's exactly what mine have been doing! :) Thank you so much! By those calculations the first egg will come any day now, or no more than a week away.

WOW! That's exactly what mine have been doing! :) Thank you so much! By those calculations the first egg will come any day now, or no more than a week away.

Thank you for responding! As a first-time chicken owner who has had them for under a year, I am so thrilled that I actually had something useful to contribute. Here's hoping that you will get to enjoy lots of egg-citement very soon!

Also, that pic of Lucille overseeing the proceedings is adorable.

Last edited:
Thank you for responding! As a first-time chicken owner who has had them for under a year, I am so thrilled that I actually had something useful to contribute. Here's hoping that you will get to enjoy lots of egg-citement very soon!

Also, that pic of Lucille overseeing the proceedings is adorable.

Awww thank you! Getting to share these first chicken experiences with you all, and hearing all your helpful advice means so much to me and makes it all so much more fun.

My first egg!!! :) She laid it in the run. Yahoo! She arrived at TSC on March 19th so I think she's just over 14 weeks old, right? GCs are amazing!

I saw it, then ran to get my phone so I could take a pic, and by the time I came back they had covered it over so I had to hunt for it.

(See my two previous pics and posts from this morning when she first tried to lay in the Tidy Cat nest box. Lol I found the egg just before sunset.)

Last edited:

These are our first eggs - from 1 Ameraucana, 2 Light Sussex, 1 Welsummer x Light Sussex (dark egg), 1 Light Sussex x Ameraucana, and 4 Barred Rocks. We have been waiting what seemed to be forever for these beauties. They started laying at 20-21 weeks, within a few days from each other.

Last edited:
These are our first eggs - from 1 Ameraucana, 2 Light Sussex, 1 Welsummer x Light Sussex (dark egg), 1 Light Sussex x Ameraucana, and 4 Barred Rocks. We have been waiting what seemed to be forever for these beauties.
Gorgeous!!! I can't wait till my Welsummers, Black Australorps, Barred Rocks, and Easter Eggers are all laying so I can have a beautiful rainbow egg basket like yours.

Last edited:
My first egg!!! :) She laid it in the run. Yahoo! She arrived at TSC on March 19th so I think she's just over 14 weeks old, right? GCs are amazing!

I saw it, then ran to get my phone so I could take a pic, and by the time I came back they had covered it over so I had to hunt for it.

(See my two previous pics and posts from this morning when she first tried to lay in the Tidy Cat nest box. Lol I found the egg just before sunset.)
Yay!!
smile.png

not my first eggs from my newest chickens but this is my full collection from all four of my chickens. the camera doesn't really show the colours as beautifully as they are but we have blue, green, dark brown and light brown/white !

Last edited:
So pretty! I love your egg basket! Are the baskets for sale anywhere? I'd love to buy one.

Update: MannaPro.com has the spiral Egg Skelter in red and silver. Google it and there's another company that has them in 8 colors but their price is much higher. What a great gift idea!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom