Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Found this yeaterday afternoon. Exactly 21 weeks to the day
This afternoon i found another. Both were on the floor of the coop at base of nesting boxes. Next challenge is getting them to lay in there. Golf balls are already in place.
Hoping the next four girls start following this one layer

This is Peaches...

And this is her very first egg!

I got Peaches back in Aug and was told she was of laying age. Well today she finally laid me an egg!!! I'm so excited to say the least, lol

Tina88.... Your Peaches laid a beautiful first egg. I can understand how excited you were to get that first egg after waiting quite awhile... Congrats..... Kay in NC 12.8.15

Tina88.... Hello again! I just noticed both posts are from you. What a pretty egg your new chicken laid. To me it looks bluish or greenish, is it? My blue egg chicken turned out to be rooster LOL and I re-homed him. Have fun... Kay in NC... 12.8.15

Tina88.... Your Peaches laid a beautiful first egg. I can understand how excited you were to get that first egg after waiting quite awhile... Congrats..... Kay in NC 12.8.15
Tina88.... Hello again! I just noticed both posts are from you. What a pretty egg your new chicken laid. To me it looks bluish or greenish, is it? My blue egg chicken turned out to be rooster LOL and I re-homed him. Have fun... Kay in NC... 12.8.15 .

Thank you so much Kay! Yes I was/am very excited to get her their first eggs. Since they both laid late in the day I doubt I'll be getting any from them today. Oh well, at least I know they are layers, lol. It's more green than blue. I'm guessing she's an Easter egger? I was given another one just like her. Only I think she's a little younger because she doesn't really have a comb yet.

I was also given a third chicken and I have no idea of her breed and I was told she will lay little brown eggs. This is her... also nameless for now. I let my grandsons name them.

She thinks she needs to lay in food dish, lol.

The last thing I expected was to get my first eggs in December.
I'd given up on these girls until next year.
When I went to feed them this morning I found these!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom