Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1st eggs ever....all from 1 girl in the past 5 days..

Last edited:
Our oldest EE has been laying for about a month now. Our Cuckoo Maran Dorthy and another one of our girls started laying in the last 3 days
celebrate.gif
. Even better our Cuckoo's egg is gorgeous and speckled!!!
woot.gif
Here is our pretty egg basket!

Now, we can have breakfast. Our 1st egg on Nov. 9, 2015.
Today we got 12 eggs...we have 12 girls.
yippiechickie.gif

There were 9 in 1 nest and the others were in different nests. I guess that those 3 couldn't wait any longer.

I just found my first egg today! Well, actually, this is evidence of how bad a chicken momma I have been because there were three eggs with only one possible layer. I got 10 new pullets on Monday and have not let anyone free range since I got them. So, it is possible that my hen has been laying out in the yard. I never thought to look because I didn't think she would be laying yet. I didn't even have the nest boxes set up with straw or curtains (I do now, and moved the eggs in there to teach her to go there). My coop is big enough that I don't need to go in there everyday, which is why it has been three days since I've been in there (shame on me, I know). I really thought she would have green eggs because of her olive legs, but I guess not!

Last edited:
I feel so cheated! Finally got our first egg today, and this is it. :( The hen must have scratched all the shavings out before laying it. There were 3 inches in there! How do I prevent this???

January 23rd found 4 small eggs in coop in corner and one BIG egg lol so excited to get my first eggs 5 months.. Went to crack the big one and was a double yolk needless to say I'm proud lol

I feel so cheated! Finally got our first egg today, and this is it.
sad.png
The hen must have scratched all the shavings out before laying it. There were 3 inches in there! How do I prevent this???

you could put a board in front so she can't kick them out and add oyster shell I have one that repeatedly refuses to lay in the nests so she gets on the roost and lays it about 5 feet off the ground with anywhere from1-3 inches of shavings on the floor, and hasn't broke an egg yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom