Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ours are tiny! Those eggs are Welsummers and silver laced wyandottes. One of the SLC's is consolistently laying a soft egg, so we started offering calcium for them as well.

Yep, they gradually become bigger, I got layers that just started few weeks ago and they're still small in comparison to my 2 yr and 1 yr olds layers.

I

I have gotten a few more, possibly different girls, and they are slightly bigger than the first one. My 4-year old granddaughter was so excited today to find two in the nest box! I'm glad they are using it-I just put it in yesterday because I didn't expect eggs for a couple more weeks.

My first egg shockingly came from my sweet and most favorite girl "Queenie "! She is a 21 week old splash silkie!! I was shocked to find a second egg later in the day from another mystery silkie!!??
[/IMG]

So I got my first egg yesterday and I was really big! Today I got an egg half the size and it had white specks. Is that normal??

So I got my first egg yesterday and I was really big! Today I got an egg half the size and it had white specks. Is that normal??

It's Not normal but not unusual, chances are the first egg has 2-3 yolks in it. Normally a pullet's first few weeks of egg laying are mostly small then gradually becomes normal size. But occasionally you'll get gargantuan size eggs that has double or even 3 yolks, which was the case with our Easter Egger few weeks ago.

My first egg from my new round of chickens this morning! My ISA Brown, Ida, is 19 weeks old and laid her first egg today! The egg from Ida (right) is being compared to a store bought large egg (left).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom