Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm up to 3 of my 4 girls laying now. Clever Girl laid her first on Saturday, followed by a second yesterday morning. I had to leave for work too early to see if she's laid one today. She's got red feathers with blue tips and a gray tail, with no black on her at all, and her eggs are the most true blue so far.

Far left is Clever's first egg (very round,) followed by her second egg. Then an egg from Char (always glossy,) and an egg from Blue (always textured matte.) Blue doesn't have poofy cheeks and is bigger/longer than the other three, and I think her eggs may be more olive than blue since sometimes she has a slight brown coating on them and sometimes they look gray.

First olive egg from my first breeding. Crossed an EE with a Wellsummer Roo. So excited!

These little beauties are from our bb red bantams! We are now up to 4! She isn't getting broody yet but then again she just started to lay and we don't think they are fertilized

After a couple of weeks of signs we were getting really close (red faces, big red combs, even squatting)....nothing. Saturday I decided it just wasn't going to happen this soon and I'd just have to be patient a few more weeks. We had a big storm come through in the afternoon and when I went to check on the girls to make sure everyone was ok, there it was - our first egg!

After a couple of weeks of signs we were getting really close (red faces, big red combs, even squatting)....nothing. Saturday I decided it just wasn't going to happen this soon and I'd just have to be patient a few more weeks. We had a big storm come through in the afternoon and when I went to check on the girls to make sure everyone was ok, there it was - our first egg!

Congrats!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom