Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WoooHoooo!!! My first egg layed today!!!!!

26947_100_3261.jpg

We got ours about 10 min ago !!!!!\\

its a bit small but perfect (the girls were hatched about the week of april 15th)

32461_100_2079.jpg

32461_100_2080.jpg

I am sooo glad my kids were the ones to first discover it. They were so excited and ran in the house screaching they could bairly contain themselves.

17470_dsc01114.jpg

We didn't get just one egg, but two! My son found one first thing this morning in one of the nest boxes, and three hours later, I found another in the same box.

The darker of the two eggs was the first one laid. That pullet is a 17 week old Black Sex Link who has been squatting for 3 weeks now. She kept running over to me and 'talking' this morning so I was able to I pick her up and check her vent; it is moist.

We don't know which pullet laid the other, but there are four who are ready and have been squatting for a week or two. I didn't feel like chasing them around to check vents! It is probably Shirley, our red not-sure-what-she is hen.

Binkie laid her first egg today. She is 4.7 Months old Black Australorp. I thought her sister Sheba would be first because she is the better or more developed bird.

Binkie was doing way too much talking this morning and I had a hunch so I put out a clean cat litter box and shoved her into it. Of course she ran out of it screaming.

However, Binkie is not a stupid bird. Five minutes later she was going in and out of the NEW nest box showing the other ladies how to do it. Later at 2:30, I checked on them ...because it was way too quiet outside. OMG! There was an egg in the box.

Merlin my kitty helped me to calm down.

17270_binkies_first_egg.jpg

17270_grade_a_and_a_binkie_egg.jpg

I found this when I came home from work today!!!
24727_first_egg.jpg

The color looks a lot prettier in person -- the kids were thrilled that the first egg was green!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom