Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
$250.00 egg. We got some more so the price per egg is going down.
25177_img_0438.jpg

firstegg.jpg

Wooooo! We raised the chooks from about a week old, so its been a fairly long wait for this first egg. I wasnt really expecting anything - we've just introduced new chooks to the mini-flock, and we are in autumn here in Australia. A knowledgeable lady told me that they probably wouldnt start laying til spring, seeing as they hadnt started yet.

I was so excited that I may have uttered a rude word upon seeing it (sorry neighbors, hehe)

51637_p3120055.jpg

This is our Bluebelle's first egg. I was so shocked to see it as we'd only had them a few days. The frustrating thing was they had been vet treated and we couldn't eat any eggs for 2 weeks
sad.png

Last edited:
celebrate.gif
This is my very first Maran egg. The hen is from ideal.
It is shaped like a golf ball,lol It is the one on the left, the right one is a orpington.

I think she did a great job being her first egg and from ideal.
What do you guys think?
pop.gif

39741_march_2010_015.jpg

Last edited:
This is our first flock of chickens (a whopping three gals!), and first egg ever! Needless to say we were very excited.

52880_rebexiefirstegg.jpg

This one was from our Marans, Rebexie (all named by my then three-and-a-half year old).

A couple hours later, much to my surprise, we got egg number two as well.

52880_holafirstegg.jpg

This one is from Hola, supposedly an Americauna, but most likely an Easter Egger. I found it in the run, but hopefully she'll catch on soon and start laying in the nesting box.

We were surprised that two of three gals started to lay on the same morning -- is this pretty common?

Our girls are exactly 24 weeks old. Poor Lulu, the Andalusian, has been left in the dust. I'm sure she'll be catching up soon!

51805_egg.jpg

The dark brown is from one of our Red Sexlink, the lighter brown is from one of our Barred Rocks, and the littel blue one is our first EE from any of our Ameraucanas. They all just turned 20 weeks and we have been waiting anxiously.

Okay, so not my first egg, but my first Easter Egger Egg with my new girls. I've had started pullets and hen before, but this is the first I've raised from chick to egg! It feels so much more significant.

Egg4-5-10.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom