Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The moment we've all been waiting for.................. The $2K egg!!!!!!!!!!!!

52292_006.jpg

What a gorgeous hue, thefamilyflock! Which bird laid it and what breed is she?

Grats, gltrap54! That's a beautiful run you have there. Seems I'm always retrofitting my coop. I'm almost glad I haven't been keeping track of how much the birds have cost me so far. My first 9 eggs are in the fridge for Sunday morning breakfast. It's probably the most expensive plate of scrambled eggs I'll ever eat.

I've got four Australorps that I bought as chicks in March. Yesterday I got the first egg. Quite small, but gratifying!
firstegg.jpg

Here it is! Laid on Tuesday, July 20, 2010 by either Sparrow or Button:
52444_summer_201029.jpg

I spent about an hour last night blowing it out to save it. Anybody else saving their first egg?

I wasn't expecting eggs for another week or two, but I heard lots of squawking coming from the coop this morning, and when I went to check, there were two eggs! My girls are only about 21 weeks, so I'm pleased to have any eggs at all.
big_smile.png

I was pretty sure that these were from my Welsummer, but I thought she would have darker brown speckled eggs. Could it by chance be from an EE? I didn't want to disturb her while she was laying, and then she rejoined the flock, so I'm not 100% sure. The Welsummer does have the reddest comb in the flock. If it's her I'm hoping the eggs get darker with time.

Middle egg is a white grocery store Jumbo egg for comparison.

firsteggs010.jpg

51037_lizzie-first-egg.jpg

laid today on the ground in the poring rain XD we weren't expecting that

Last edited:
Quote:
Thank ya! I've got 6 Golden Comets that were hatched March 21, so they're going on 18 weeks......... Not sure which girl crossed the finish line first, but I found a second egg since my original post today!

Don't add up the $$$$$, .............. it's too painful!
lol.png

It only took me two weeks to post this. This is the first egg from our babies, a welsummer named Charlotte. At least, we're pretty sure it was her. She was always the most developed chick. For comparison, one of our red star hen eggs. (We got the red stars as started pullets.)
42013_first_egg.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom