Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So back to my first egg - and the one the next day that is just like it - a very light tan color (see post above). I was trying to figure out who laid the eggs. Was discounting my EE because I was expecting a different color from her, but was not thinking it was a Sebright egg, which left only my Polish. However, last night, there was my EE sitting in the nesting box where I keep finding these eggs (there are 6 in the coop). Do EEs always lay greenish-bluish eggs?

deb g

I am completely baffled. I was given 10 beautiful young Leghorn roosters. Now, 8 weeks later, I am suddenly finding 4 - 5 nice size white eggs in the coop and around the yard every couple of days. Whats up? All these birds are the same size, have huge combs and those red danglys under the head. The eggs aren't even fertile. How do I tell these critters apart? I want to put any hens in with my brown-egg hen flock...if I can figure out who's who.

Quote:
The "Post your FIRST EGG pics!" thread is not the place to ask this(off-topic). Please start your own thread and ask it in the correct section.

68787_shot_1283992750154.jpg

Quote:
Is it pink? Or light brown?

BTW--Got my 2'nd egg from a different chicken today! So it's a first for her, plus it's my first GREEN egg! Cooooool!

63816_second_and_firstfor_lemon_egg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom