Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Congrats!!! I got 6 eggs in 3 days!! They took a break yesterday I guess!! But I have 2 laying!! I can't wait for more!!!

I got my first egg today. It was so unexpected. Especially with how hot and humid it has been lately. I knew it might happen soon, but I was really thinking closer to 20 weeks. One of my ladies, not really sure which one...laid for me today at 17 weeks! I think it might have been one of my SLW. I saw her checking out one of the boxes this morning and her comb and wattle are a nice bright red. But I do have a couple Australorps that seems close too. Either way, I'm very exciting to finally get an egg.
100401_img_6577.jpg

ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
Finally...I found not one...but two eggs
hide.gif
They weren't in nesting boxes but behind feeder....and I got one more today...one lady down...waiting on three more to chime in!!! So excited though!!!!
3047_100_1466.jpg

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

Ok, so...how do I get her to lay in nesting boxes...we have roll out type, so how do you put golf balls in there??? Any suggestions???

Quote:
Congratulations! One of mine started her first couple just randomly laying out of the hen box but once the others started in the box, she moved her with the rest of them. I'd try a fake egg and just leave it in there. I found an egg shaped rock and put it in so I could collect the eggs.

Today I got my first egg from my 21-week-old Barred Rock, Dorothy. It is just over 2" long and a very light brown, found in the nesting box. What a good girl! I'm hoping now she'll calm down with all the squawking, and now I'm waiting on her sisters! This really is so exciting.

photo.jpg

86141_eggs_003.jpg

$750.00 for supply's to build a Chicken Castle.
$30.00 for Day old Chicks.
$80 for Chicken Feed, Feeders and assorted waterer's.
Having your Pets make your Breakfast Priceless......
Got my First Eggs this morning 20 week old Cinnamon Queens.

Got my first egg today from one of my Easter Egger girls! Now just wish I knew which one of the 12 it was.

It's a small size egg. I'm torn between blowing it out and eating it.

2011-07-19_19-52-50_317.jpg

ETA The girls are 19 weeks old now

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom